Real Talk: Changes to the PvP in Dark Souls 2

#1xXxHaVeNPosted 1/29/2013 11:20:50 AM
What is, in your opinion, the most important thing for PvP in this series? The amount of fun you have? How balanced it is? How competitive? For me, it's all three. Balance will lead to me having fun, as well as being competitive with the game.

What changes do you hope come when Dark Souls 2 details get announced? No DWGR? Poise revamped? Rolls revamped? What, in general, would make the game better? One big change I would like to see is a complete overhaul on how covenants work.
---
GT: xXxHaVeN117
CoD is the best game series ever and it will never be topped ever never. This sig is 100% serious and not a joke at all. Nope.
#2shadowsofdawnPosted 1/29/2013 11:22:55 AM
Variety is the most important to me. I want a ton of viable weapons, rings, and armor, without stuff like TWoP that fundamentally breaks the game.
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#3Oil_Rope_BombsPosted 1/29/2013 11:26:13 AM
Real talk: Don't take dark souls pvp seriously

it's garbage
---
http://i.imgur.com/mLCkc.png
#4hangman_link3Posted 1/29/2013 11:31:49 AM
Oil_Rope_Bombs posted...

it's garbage

Go away.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/snapaholic1
#5xXxHaVeN(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 11:33:46 AM

it's garbage

It is, or you are?
---
GT: xXxHaVeN117
CoD is the best game series ever and it will never be topped ever never. This sig is 100% serious and not a joke at all. Nope.
#6Sleeping_KingPosted 1/29/2013 11:35:26 AM
Back stab damage should be buffed.

But you can only backstab someone if they aren't locked onto you. (Basically if they are running away or you sneak up on them)

That's all I have, besides working to reduce lag of course.
---
Reality is subjective.
Currently: Musing...
#7moodyjm2Posted 1/29/2013 11:37:45 AM
STR weapons revamped, made more viable (i.e more knockback, quick hilt attack, etc)

Less I-frames.

More original/balanced spells. For example, certain defensive/utility Sorcery spells need to last longer.

Backstabs changed (i.e flank damage increased but animation does not kick in unless you are not moving)

Are at the top of my list.
---
GT: DragonSoundxSG
Official Moonlight Greatsword of the Dark Souls Board
#8IDoneNoPosted 1/29/2013 11:41:52 AM
You cannot backstab a target if it is locked on to you unless it is staggered by an attack. Boost the "kick" staggering move for short range weapons like daggers and smalls words, but not something you can spam. It would basically be and offensive version of parry. Effectively making

There, 90% of PVP is now fixed.

Complete invincibility flames until the "recovering from knockdown" animation finishes.

As far as poise and hyper armor are concerned, that's tricky. I haven't really thought of a solution for that. Poise should not be so damn important i can tell you that much.
#9Cvdf3Posted 1/29/2013 11:41:56 AM
Oil_Rope_Bombs posted...

it's garbage

Partially this. Fun as hell, but viable builds are few and far inbetween.

Few things I want

-better allocated poise
-more movesets that don't suck (flashy moves that are begging to be bs'd, Str. weapons in general)
-no DWGR equivalent
-fast roll <50%
-fat roll not be awful (not preferable, but make it slghtly useful)
-tighten the bs hitbox a bit
-reduce latency lol
---
If you build your shop in front of an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get shot by an arrow.
#10Cvdf3Posted 1/29/2013 11:43:43 AM
IDoneNo posted...
You cannot backstab a target if it is locked on to you unless it is staggered by an attack. Boost the "kick" staggering move for short range weapons like daggers and smalls words, but not something you can spam. It would basically be and offensive version of parry. Effectively making

There, 90% of PVP is now fixed.

Complete invincibility flames until the "recovering from knockdown" animation finishes.

As far as poise and hyper armor are concerned, that's tricky. I haven't really thought of a solution for that. Poise should not be so damn important i can tell you that much.

smh
---
If you build your shop in front of an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get shot by an arrow.