Real Talk: Changes to the PvP in Dark Souls 2

#71ObturatorPosted 1/31/2013 7:58:49 AM
The single most important aspect to dark souls... Lagstabbing. LOL
---
Yea, I thought so.
#72SGDonZPosted 1/31/2013 8:33:00 AM
You shouldn't be able to get backstabbed when you have your shield on your back.
It's common sense. Hopefully that's the case with Dark Souls 2. If not, head straight for the door.
#73Cvdf3Posted 1/31/2013 9:13:52 AM
SGDonZ posted...
You shouldn't be able to get backstabbed when you have your shield on your back.
It's common sense. Hopefully that's the case with Dark Souls 2. If not, head straight for the door.

can't tell if srs...
---
If you build your shop in front of an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get shot by an arrow.
#74MrSmi7hPosted 1/31/2013 9:36:08 AM
I'm agree with one thing said, only some dex weapons must have bonus on the critical attack.

Actually, if I want a "critical buy", or something like a ninja or whatever that is very skilled at backstabbing or parryng the best choice is a strength dude with a crystal demon greataxe, it does not make any sense...
#75Sleeping_KingPosted 1/31/2013 9:49:26 AM
Cvdf3 posted...
SGDonZ posted...

can't tell if srs...

Tell me, what's wrong with the idea logically? As long as it's a great shield there is really no reason a dagger should be able to just phase through it.
---
Reality is subjective.
Currently: Musing...
#76SGDonZPosted 1/31/2013 9:53:02 AM
Cvdf3 posted...
SGDonZ posted...

can't tell if srs...

It's too hard to understand? Read it again. It's quite simple indeed.
#77Cvdf3Posted 1/31/2013 10:05:59 AM
Sleeping_King posted...
Cvdf3 posted...
SGDonZ posted...

can't tell if srs...

Tell me, what's wrong with the idea logically? As long as it's a great shield there is really no reason a dagger should be able to just phase through it.

From a balance perspective? Tons.
Imagine a gank squad with 2h Gold Tracers, have fun with that. 2h Spears? Hell, people who just 2h most of the time. Let's not forget builds that don't use a shield, why should they be at a disadvantage (well, for one they would cease to exist, making even less variety in PvP)?
You are taking a very important aspect out of the game, relieving that player of any thought to play intelligently (because now they can't be punished), and making a few weapons even more over powered.
It's a completely terrible idea that ignores any of the real problems and slaps on a half assed fix on the end result (backstabs) of said problems, that would only cause more actual problems. The only way it would balance anything, is if everyone (or no one) used 2h and then PvP becomes a dull who can out range who competition or a button mashing fest.

From a visually logical perspective? My Demon Great Axe doesn't care about your shield. A small dagger could just stab you in the side anyway.
---
If you build your shop in front of an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get shot by an arrow.
#78SGDonZPosted 1/31/2013 10:22:07 AM(edited)
Cvdf3 posted...
Sleeping_King posted...
Cvdf3 posted...
SGDonZ posted...

can't tell if srs...

From a balance perspective? Tons.
Imagine a gank squad with 2h Gold Tracers, have fun with that. 2h Spears? Hell, people who just 2h most of the time. Let's not forget builds that don't use a shield, why should they be at a disadvantage (well, for one they would cease to exist, making even less variety in PvP)?
You are taking a very important aspect out of the game, relieving that player of any thought to play intelligently (because now they can't be punished), and making a few weapons even more over powered.
It's a completely terrible idea that ignores any of the real problems and slaps on a half assed fix on the end result (backstabs) of said problems, that would only cause more actual problems. The only way it would balance anything, is if everyone (or no one) used 2h and then PvP becomes a dull who can out range who competition or a button mashing fest.

From a visually logical perspective? My Demon Great Axe doesn't care about your shield. A small dagger could just stab you in the side anyway.

I respect your opinion & agree with some things. But then what do you suggest? Any better half assed ideas?
It may be ''Broken'' & half assed but at least it makes sense. Backstabs in general makes absolutely no sense in a duel.
Like, ''Pardon me sir, but i'm gonna put my knife in your back while you stand infront of me''. Right?
#79Sleeping_KingPosted 1/31/2013 10:21:23 AM
Cvdf3 posted...
Sleeping_King posted...
Cvdf3 posted...
SGDonZ posted...

can't tell if srs...

A DGA shouldn't be able to backSTAB in the first place, and it wouldn't be a BACKstab if you got hit in the side, come on >_>

Although you did have good points concerning the balance.
---
Reality is subjective.
Currently: Musing...
#80Cvdf3Posted 1/31/2013 10:44:04 AM(edited)
There are quite a few ways to make backstabs better. Tighten the hitbox up, make poise not so gimmicky (make it work as it was supposed to, a buffer for slow weapons users. As is, quick weapons users still benefit more from it), cut recovery times for some weapons or at least add quick, low damage moves to heavy weapons, add better mobility options (DWGR animation is completely broke, fast roll is too restrictive [at least with the current state of poise and weight], mid roll has bad recovery and distance, fat roll... lol), reduce latency (this would be the biggest but least likely, plus parries would need reworked somehow).
Hell EWGF (who knows a bit more than me on game balance) wrote an entire essay almost about them in this topic. I don't agree with all of his ideas I like his general idea on what backstabs should be.
---