Real Talk: Changes to the PvP in Dark Souls 2

#91Parsl5kPosted 1/31/2013 6:18:23 PM
I don't understand this sentiment of "that's too many changes, why bother". Why not make the game better?
#92EWGFPosted 2/1/2013 12:15:22 PM
Parsl5k posted...
I don't understand this sentiment of "that's too many changes, why bother". Why not make the game better?

The sheeple are scared. These are the same type of people that swallow every installment of LoZ/Mario/etc.
Yes, it is very easy to ruin a franchise with radical changes... but most stuff here isn't really much of a departure.
---
Soulcraft Science.
PSN: E-W-G-F
#93Sleeping_KingPosted 2/1/2013 12:40:30 PM
EWGF posted...
Parsl5k posted...

The sheeple are scared. These are the same type of people that swallow every installment of LoZ/Mario/etc.
Yes, it is very easy to ruin a franchise with radical changes... but most stuff here isn't really much of a departure.

I vomit in my mouth a little everytime I see that word, anyone who uses it always thinks they're above everyone. Anyways, I pretty much like pvp how it is now except the glaring flaws like the horrible lag and such. Guess that makes you a better person than me right? v_v
---
Reality is subjective.
Currently: Musing...
#94hemphoarderPosted 2/1/2013 12:45:50 PM
he does MLG gaming broseph...

yes he is better than you. in every way. your girl wishes she was with him each time you enter her. its his face she sees as your contorted sweating pig face stares down at her.
---
I couldn't care less...
PSN:Sleepyydwarf
#95Sleeping_KingPosted 2/1/2013 1:02:31 PM
hemphoarder posted...

yes he is better than you. in every way. your girl wishes she was with him each time you enter her. its his face she sees as your contorted sweating pig face stares down at her.

So, who cares about MLG? Plus I don't even have a girlfriend.
---
Reality is subjective.
Currently: Musing...
#96WATAUGACJPosted 2/1/2013 1:28:34 PM
hemphoarder posted...

lmao
---
PSN: WATAUGACJ, DomhnallOfZena
#97EWGFPosted 2/1/2013 2:05:49 PM
Sleeping_King really posted...
I vomit in my mouth a little everytime I see that word ("sheeple") anyone who uses it always thinks they're above everyone. Regardless, let me levy this quick judgement on you despite knowing nothing about you, like the contradictory Uncle Tom that I am.

Dungoofed/10.
See me after class.

hemphoarder posted...

"Major League Gaming gaming"?

1/10 for using "contorted sweating pig face".
5 days Detention.
---
Soulcraft Science.
PSN: E-W-G-F
#98hemphoarderPosted 2/1/2013 2:14:08 PM
even when you are trying to be funny your condescending attitude shines through.

0/10 expulsion
---
I couldn't care less...
#99moodyjm2Posted 2/1/2013 2:18:13 PM
I like the idea of poise because it gives you a reason to use heavy armor. Yes poise + light weapons is powerful, but I see a lot of conversation here about "intended" use with heavy weapons. I don't see that at all. If it was intended for heavy weapons, heavy armor would have a STR requirement.

The issue has more to do with the hitboxes of backstabs than anything. If they fixed backstabs to only occur under certain conditions then I think people would complain less about poise

I think poise also needs improved not scrapped. Poise and backstabs need to take into account a player's movement. If you are running you cannot get backstabbed - how ridiculous is it that you are running and suddenly stop to get backstabbed. It would work if you are standing still (stealth kill) or in between long swings.

It's important to keep the freedom but still maintain a better balance between light and heavy armors.

Realistically,they need to remove Green Blossom and FaP too ,but that's for another discussion.
---
GT: DragonSoundxSG
Official Moonlight Greatsword of the Dark Souls Board
#100hemphoarderPosted 2/1/2013 2:31:44 PM
the answer for heavy armor imo is very high defense. some people don't understand what I meant when I have said this before. I am talking about defense that halves your damage output or even greater depending on how heavy duty you want to go. you would sacrifice mobility but I think its a decent trade off. make heavy weapons move sets more viable and include hyper armor. I rest my case.
---
I couldn't care less...