Any item as rare as the pure bladestone from Demon's Souls?

#1jackstar_rockPosted 1/29/2013 6:20:32 PM
Thinking of picking this up. Just wondering how rare are some of the more popular drops, like pure bladestone was in Demon's?
#2zyrax2301Posted 1/29/2013 6:22:06 PM
Channeler's trident is comparable, considering it only drops from two respawning enemies and it has a low drop rate. I suspect the PBS is harder to get though.

Titanite slabs have a horrible drop rate too, but there are so many Darkwraiths in New Londo it doesn't even hold a candle to farming bladestone.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#3GotRadsPosted 1/29/2013 6:23:38 PM
I don't think there's anything nearly as rare as that in Dks. However there are enemies called Vagrants that are extremely rare to see.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/thelegendaryp
#4jackstar_rock(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 6:24:00 PM
School me on this please, what uses are those items you listed for? Are katana builds still a favorite in this game, or did some other build take over in popularity?
#5zyrax2301Posted 1/29/2013 6:26:10 PM
Channeler's Trident is a spear-type weapon which can be used to buff allies in the vicinity using the special 2HR2 move. It's great.

Titanite slabs are the Pure Hard/Sharpstone of this game. They're used to max out basic +15 upgrades, and there are never enough of them.

Kats are nowhere near as popular as they were in DS and you'll rarely see anybody holding two, but there are still a lot of people who use one on their dex builds.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#6jackstar_rock(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 6:30:20 PM
Hmm, thanks for your time gentlemen! ^
#7joeharamatheoPosted 1/29/2013 8:11:02 PM
farming the ghost blade is the only thing remotely comparable to farming pbs, followed closely by farming a complete arsenal of balder side swords, and farming a million dragon scales

none of which you'll need for anything