Single Most Underhanded (or OP) Tool for Invaders

#1acangialPosted 1/30/2013 6:06:33 AM
Choose the Single Most Indictable/Underhanded/OP Tool in Invasions - Results (37 votes)
Persuers
43.24% (16 votes)
Llyod's Talisman
8.11% (3 votes)
Surprise Great Combustion
13.51% (5 votes)
Chaos Firestorm in a narrow hallway
10.81% (4 votes)
Wrath of the Gods in a steep narrow walkway
24.32% (9 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I probably missed a bunch and am willing to edit it based on your feedback.
---
He brings whale sushi and panda kebabs to vegan potlucks - World's Most Interesting Man
#2d3dsightPosted 1/30/2013 6:08:58 AM
I'm a big fan of TWOP + WOG
#3DetsuaxhePosted 1/30/2013 6:09:25 AM
Why would Lloyd's Talisman be considered any of these things? It's in the game for only one purpose, to be used in invasions.
---
Where's my "Accept This Moderation with Extreme Reluctance and Resentful Glares" button?
When reading and responding to my posts, try to take it easy.
#4acangial(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 6:12:38 AM
Detsuaxhe posted...
Why would Lloyd's Talisman be considered any of these things? It's in the game for only one purpose, to be used in invasions.

You can't imagine how much hate mail in more than one language I got last night for using it. People were actually saying that it unfairly affected their stamina besides their ability to use to Estus.
---
He brings whale sushi and panda kebabs to vegan potlucks - World's Most Interesting Man
#5acangial(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 6:13:36 AM
d3dsight posted...

I am a little slow with some acroynms. Spell it out for me and I will add it.
---
#6d3dsightPosted 1/30/2013 6:24:14 AM
acangial posted...
d3dsight posted...

Tranquil walk of peace. Can be irritating on its own.
#7acangial(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 6:27:37 AM
d3dsight posted...
acangial posted...
d3dsight posted...

Tranquil walk of peace. Can be irritating on its own.

I can't edit the survey it turns out. I will make a new survey and release it later when I get more feedback. Thanks for your input.
---
#8m415mikePosted 1/30/2013 6:38:27 AM
I don't think there's such a thing as an OP or underhanded tool for an invader. Invaders are at the biggest disadvantage in this entire game, we need all the help we can get.

Invaders used to be these big, tough, bad guys who would put you in your place your first few times through the game. Not many people are new anymore, and now we're simply players just dropping in to say hello. You know where we spawn, when we spawn, that there's only one of us, and how many people are on your side. We're entering the world completely blind. I'd argue that invaders are more afraid upon entering your world than you are.

Hosts are more than likely a higher level, can have multiple team-mates who are also a higher level, and can heal the whole party on a whim. Invaders are a lower level, alone, and can only heal with a very slow method. It sucks, if a host runs away to chug estus and you decide to take the opportunity to pop a humanity, they have time to chug, then run all the way back and back-stab you before you pop the humanity.
#9acangial(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 7:35:37 AM
m415mike posted...
I don't think there's such a thing as an OP or underhanded tool for an invader. Invaders are at the biggest disadvantage in this entire game, we need all the help we can get.

Invaders used to be these big, tough, bad guys who would put you in your place your first few times through the game. Not many people are new anymore, and now we're simply players just dropping in to say hello. You know where we spawn, when we spawn, that there's only one of us, and how many people are on your side. We're entering the world completely blind. I'd argue that invaders are more afraid upon entering your world than you are.

Hosts are more than likely a higher level, can have multiple team-mates who are also a higher level, and can heal the whole party on a whim. Invaders are a lower level, alone, and can only heal with a very slow method. It sucks, if a host runs away to chug estus and you decide to take the opportunity to pop a humanity, they have time to chug, then run all the way back and back-stab you before you pop the humanity.

I agree with you, but I got a lot of hate mail last night due to two things: Persuers and Talisman.
---
#10William S BurroughsPosted 1/30/2013 7:47:59 AM
TWoP + WoG is hard to defend against. Safest way to deal with it, unless you have a heavy weapon or GC ready to go, is to run away. If you're hosting, that means you're running into mobs. I use it, but against just a host it's cheap. It's so tempting when they're using dwgr though.
---
smash the control images, smash the control machine.