Single Most Underhanded (or OP) Tool for Invaders

#21caramel_codPosted 1/30/2013 9:43:14 AM
dthomas125 posted...
I disagree completely. If you invade pre-Sens @ low levels with lightning weapons & dark magic you are at zero disadvantage.

Try it a few times. That's no longer the case.

Parish and Burg are both rife with twinks, as is the Depths. Most of the time you'll encounter Japanese players on NG+. The few noobs you get will have twink phantoms as backup. That's 3 players who are all above your level and all have the potential to outgear you.

I've always thought that co-op phantoms should be dramatically lower level than potential invaders. Playing in human form with co-op should be a desperate attempt at survival against tough enemies and even tougher players, not the be-all-end-all ticket to easy victory in any situation.
#22acangial(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 10:22:48 AM
dthomas125 posted...
m415mike posted...
I don't think there's such a thing as an OP or underhanded tool for an invader. Invaders are at the biggest disadvantage in this entire game, we need all the help we can get.

Invaders used to be these big, tough, bad guys who would put you in your place your first few times through the game. Not many people are new anymore, and now we're simply players just dropping in to say hello. You know where we spawn, when we spawn, that there's only one of us, and how many people are on your side. We're entering the world completely blind. I'd argue that invaders are more afraid upon entering your world than you are.

Hosts are more than likely a higher level, can have multiple team-mates who are also a higher level, and can heal the whole party on a whim. Invaders are a lower level, alone, and can only heal with a very slow method. It sucks, if a host runs away to chug estus and you decide to take the opportunity to pop a humanity, they have time to chug, then run all the way back and back-stab you before you pop the humanity.

I disagree completely. If you invade pre-Sens @ low levels with lightning weapons & dark magic you are at zero disadvantage.

I agree for pure griefing situations, but m415 was talking about non-griefers.
---
He brings whale sushi and panda kebabs to vegan potlucks - World's Most Interesting Man
#23CrimsonJudgmentPosted 1/30/2013 10:44:21 AM
persuers is more op for the invadee not the invader because you can simply look at the white sign soap stone wait for it to go dark then cast persuers wait for the invader then you have invisible persuers and a free kill just don't make them roll or they could dodge it just sit there like you're gone
#24m415mikePosted 1/30/2013 11:04:49 AM
dthomas125 posted...
m415mike posted...
I don't think there's such a thing as an OP or underhanded tool for an invader. Invaders are at the biggest disadvantage in this entire game, we need all the help we can get.

Invaders used to be these big, tough, bad guys who would put you in your place your first few times through the game. Not many people are new anymore, and now we're simply players just dropping in to say hello. You know where we spawn, when we spawn, that there's only one of us, and how many people are on your side. We're entering the world completely blind. I'd argue that invaders are more afraid upon entering your world than you are.

Hosts are more than likely a higher level, can have multiple team-mates who are also a higher level, and can heal the whole party on a whim. Invaders are a lower level, alone, and can only heal with a very slow method. It sucks, if a host runs away to chug estus and you decide to take the opportunity to pop a humanity, they have time to chug, then run all the way back and back-stab you before you pop the humanity.

Not too many people are new anymore. They're mostly experienced players on NG+ and up. Even if it was a new player, they can still easily summon other players who can be on par with you.