so the final boss dude (spoilers)

#1Dirty_HaroldPosted 1/30/2013 6:52:25 AM
Was he easy or what? I was kinda expecting him to transform into some kind of super form or something. I think maybe a fully upgraded black knight halberd with full black iron was just too strong for him. :( A cut-scene or something would've been nice too, rather than the silly man rushing me the second I go through the fog. Music was cool though.

Also, man the ending was anti-climatic! I mean, I got enough closure through googling, but it would've been nice to have it in the game.

I kind of want to play through again with a different kind of character. Maybe a dagger/bow man. Any suggestions?
#2Sleeping_KingPosted 1/30/2013 6:58:24 AM
Yep, even the devs admitted that the fight sucked and they regreted how bad it was.
---
Reality is subjective.
Currently: Musing...
#3d3dsightPosted 1/30/2013 7:11:27 AM
Yeah. Also, the Kiln should've had about 50 more black knights. In mobs.
#4GodzFollowerPosted 1/30/2013 7:16:06 AM
d3dsight posted...
Yeah. Also, the Kiln should've had about 50 more black knights. In mobs.

not a bad idea lol
---
Gfaqs is the home of the echo posters
#5boodgenuminusPosted 1/30/2013 7:32:46 AM
IMO, the last boss would have been awesome if it were a gauntlet... say you fight the iron golem to access a room with ornstein and smough. You fight them, smough smashes through the floor when you kill him, and you fall into the kiln. That would have been super hardcore... wouldn't change the fight with Gwyn, but nobody would complain about it being too easy if you had to fight all those guys with no bonfies in between!
#6acangialPosted 1/30/2013 8:51:02 AM
It's all relative. If you suck at Parrying, then he was hard. If you are good at parrying, then he was a joke. Sif is in the same category. I actually hated dogs for awhile until I discoverd on my most recent build that you can block all his giant sword swipes taking virtually no damage depending on your shield. On NG+ I didn't even have to use one Estus.
---
He brings whale sushi and panda kebabs to vegan potlucks - World's Most Interesting Man
#7ISayNyaPosted 1/30/2013 9:16:02 AM
Not mentioning you can summon Solaire for this fight, which makes it a joke too.
#8LatchKeyKidPosted 1/30/2013 10:40:32 AM
I kinda saw him being easy as intentional...kinda like King Allant (though not quite that bad). He's a hollowed out husk and it's time to put him out of his misery..

Maybe a little disappointing if you're looking for a big final challenge, but the game has enough of that leading up to him.
---
FFXI Lakshmi Server: Walsh
#9ibraim_gmPosted 1/30/2013 11:28:06 AM
LatchKeyKid posted...
I kinda saw him being easy as intentional...kinda like King Allant (though not quite that bad). He's a hollowed out husk and it's time to put him out of his misery..

Maybe a little disappointing if you're looking for a big final challenge, but the game has enough of that leading up to him.

Agreed.
I actually liked the climax of this fight. Both in DeS and DkS there is no sense to make the last boss uber-master-ultra hard. Allant was consumed by his own greed for souls (or something like that, I don't really remember) and Gwyn sacrificed himself.
#10Sleeping_KingPosted 1/30/2013 11:30:43 AM
ibraim_gm posted...
LatchKeyKid posted...

Agreed.
I actually liked the climax of this fight. Both in DeS and DkS there is no sense to make the last boss uber-master-ultra hard. Allant was consumed by his own greed for souls (or something like that, I don't really remember) and Gwyn sacrificed himself.

From did want to make Gwyn strong though, he was supposed to make you use all the skills you'd learned in the game, but his fight was cut down as just another piece of the endless cut content from rushing the game.
---
Reality is subjective.
Currently: Musing...