so the final boss dude (spoilers)

#11Dark_WillerPosted 1/30/2013 11:32:14 AM
You can easyly get him stuck behind the rocks to the left when you get in the room. Just use long range melee such like black knight spear.
---
Why kill diablo if he comes back in D3
#12HoratioCrawPosted 1/30/2013 11:57:46 AM
It's weird though. Yeah the devs talk about how Gwyn didn't turn out anywhere near as challenging as they wanted, but it seems like such an easy fix. Make him unparryable, and give him more poise. Frankly I'm surprised they didn't buff him in at least one of the patches.
---
hey coffee still rules ^-^
http://www.last.fm/user/ThomasCraw
#13Dirty_Harold(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 6:36:17 PM
I didn't even parry though; he just bounced off of my shield and was open.
#14DamnGiverPosted 1/30/2013 6:42:25 PM
Dirty_Harold posted...
Was he easy or what? I was kinda expecting him to transform into some kind of super form or something. I think maybe a fully upgraded black knight halberd with full black iron was just too strong for him. :( A cut-scene or something would've been nice too, rather than the silly man rushing me the second I go through the fog. Music was cool though.

Also, man the ending was anti-climatic! I mean, I got enough closure through googling, but it would've been nice to have it in the game.

I kind of want to play through again with a different kind of character. Maybe a dagger/bow man. Any suggestions?

Someone hasn't been paying attention to the story.
---
in the year thirty five thirty five
#15Dirty_Harold(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 6:50:41 PM
Well, it doesn't really try and grab my attention, does it? I paid enough attention to get what was going on, but there was zero closure, and I love closure. Even if the story was, like, thrown in my face, the final fight itself still would've been underwhelming, but the result a little more satisfying.
#16SSJPabsPosted 1/30/2013 7:06:48 PM
It would have been nice to have the narrator from the beginning do a closing narration. Even if it's as simple as: "...and the flames faded as the Dark Soul waxed triumphant..." or "...so the flames burned on because of the ultimate sacrifice."

Something simple.
---
I used to have an account in 2002, but Gamefaqs ate it.
#17CrimsonJudgmentPosted 1/31/2013 7:50:00 AM
HoratioCraw posted...
It's weird though. Yeah the devs talk about how Gwyn didn't turn out anywhere near as challenging as they wanted, but it seems like such an easy fix. Make him unparryable, and give him more poise. Frankly I'm surprised they didn't buff him in at least one of the patches.

not only that but make him less jumpy if you're a mage just keep casting homing soul mass jumps when its cast then they hit him
#18TILlegion777Posted 1/31/2013 7:55:48 AM
Making him unparryable wouldn't fix the fight. I mean, it might make it better, but it would remove what they were going for. They wanted a fight that would challenge any playstyle, without forcing you to play a certain way. There are people who run around with the bandit knife, parrying most enemies. So they wanted those players to be able to succeed as well, with their tactic of choice.

More Poise isn't a half bad idea, but just make sure he isn't a Poise tank. Anyway, at this point, the damage has been done. Isn't really worth trying to rebalance the fight.
---
Yeah, I'm that idiot with the stupid signature. Fat-roll Kirk is the only true build.
Official Longsword of the Dark Souls boards