More I play and die to griefing invaders the less motivation I have to go on.

#1dozingdevilPosted 1/30/2013 12:44:51 PM(edited)
Countless topics have been made on it, I've made a couple of complaint topics myself but screw it.

The more I play this game, the less I enjoy the invasion mechanics. Sure it's fun for them to come in to somebody elses game and spoil their fun and wreak havoc, but I think when even one of the two players isn't having fun you've designed something poorly. I shouldn't have to die and lose humanity, progress and potentially souls because someone else wants to be an ass. Why does PvP have to affect your single player (or Co-op) experience?

If you're invaded and lose, why can't the game just treat it as a 'loss' without losing your human form or position, wherever you may be. Say you get invaded in the Parish, the last bonfire was the Parish bonfire near Andrei. You're upstairs after clearing the channeler and get invaded. You die in the same room the channeler would be to the invader, but you restart there with the same health and flasks you had when you 'engaged' the invader. Everybody is happy. The invader get's souls, had an easy pvp win. The invaded doesn't lose anything (which really only serves as an ANNOYANCE not 'difficulty') and continues on his merry way. If you win you still get souls and humanity, but losing doesn't make you repeat something you've already done in PvE because of something that happened in PvP.

I basically pop a blood vessel in my head everytime I'm invaded by a griefer, struggling to understand how they don't care they're ****ing with you.

Alternatively, regardless of whether you're in human form or not, you can't be invaded unless you've ALREADY summoned. If you get ganked as an invader, it's really nothing to worry about. You win and get more souls than you would have before (assuming you take out the phantoms first) and if you lose, well hey you were a phantom, congratulations on not losing anything unlike the person you invaded.

It really gets my blood boiling, and I'm not one to use that expression as I've never really understood what that felt like. Maybe you think I'm getting unnecessarily frustrated, and maybe you're right, but it's not the same as dying to an enemy and having to restart from a checkpoint, your single player is being affected by multiplayer and I'm just starting to find that stupid.

Basically if PvP is going to work pretty much the same in Dark Souls 2, I really hope they implement one of the two ideas above to remove the frustrations that come with people, not the 'game' itself.
---
PSN: Swordsaintscoot
#2DetsuaxhePosted 1/30/2013 12:45:06 PM
If you don't want to be invaded, why are you in human form?
---
Where's my "Accept This Moderation with Extreme Reluctance and Resentful Glares" button?
When reading and responding to my posts, try to take it easy.
#3caramel_codPosted 1/30/2013 12:45:24 PM
Play in undead form.

You're coming into a game a year after it's release, the veterans outnumber the new players. Nobody buys the new CoD and expects to stand a chance against people who have been playing since the start of that series, this should be no different.
#4WATAUGACJPosted 1/30/2013 12:48:06 PM
Detsuaxhe posted...

---
PSN: WATAUGACJ, DomhnallOfZena
#5dozingdevil(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 12:48:13 PM
Detsuaxhe posted...

A) Undead form is ugly
B) Being in human form is more satisfying in ways that are hard to explain. I basically feel like I'm doing 'badly' if I'm in undead form.
C) For Co-op, but like I said in my post, if they only opened you up to invasions after you're trying to or have already summoned then it's not a problem really.
---
#6ZipperbarsPosted 1/30/2013 12:48:41 PM
Obvious troll topic is obvious
---
http://i.imgur.com/mLCkc.png
#7dozingdevil(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 12:49:46 PM
I'm not new guys. I've played this game plenty times before, it's just the griefers that are ticking me off. I don't *really* care if I lose to someone better than me, but when you're starting a new file you don't have the luxury of good equips like they do.
---
#8DeliciousMoosePosted 1/30/2013 12:49:54 PM
dozingdevil posted...
I shouldn't have to die and lose humanity, progress and potentially souls because someone else wants to be an ass. Why does PvP have to affect your single player (or Co-op) experience?

Yes you should. Human form = making the game easier = dealing with invaders as balance.

Co-op isn't a right in this game. You have to earn co-op, and it should never be relied upon. This really isn't a valid complaint. You can play through the whole game without ever being invaded or engaging in multiplayer in any way. If you want risk-free co-op, play something else.
#9you_want_hugsPosted 1/30/2013 12:52:14 PM
its fine the way it is. the levels are all really small. nothing you lose can't be regained in a short amount of time. even a million souls lost is no big deal.
#10dozingdevil(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 12:54:40 PM
DeliciousMoose posted...
dozingdevil posted...
I shouldn't have to die and lose humanity, progress and potentially souls because someone else wants to be an ass. Why does PvP have to affect your single player (or Co-op) experience?

Yes you should. Human form = making the game easier = dealing with invaders as balance.

Co-op isn't a right in this game. You have to earn co-op, and it should never be relied upon. This really isn't a valid complaint. You can play through the whole game without ever being invaded or engaging in multiplayer in any way. If you want risk-free co-op, play something else.

I feel like I'm not being heard properly in this particular subject then. Sure human form means you CAN Co-op, but what if you're human form (for aesthetics) but are choosing not to Co-op at that particular moment in time? Human form doesn't make the game easier,(except maybe curse...) Co-op does. You can be in human form and not doing co-op.

I'm not saying "I want co-op without invasions", I'm saying "If I want to be human form WITHOUT co-op I shouldn't be invaded."

The instant a human form player starts summoning should open them up to invasions, but if they're not relying on the co-op crutch (REGARDLESS or human form) they shouldn't suffer for not wanting to be an ugly undead.
---