Greatest Game Ever

#31boodgenuminus(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 9:20:34 PM
Chubbyflamingo posted...
Personally my 2 favorite games are Final Fantasy VII followed by Final Fantasy X. Dark Souls is my third favorite game of all time, but my favorite at the moment.

I think it has to do with story telling. I love strong narratives and I usually rank story at a greater level than I do game play. Though if the game isn't fun and entertaining I can't stick with it either. That being said, I love the story in Dark Souls, though I'm not as emotionally impacted with it as some of the Final Fantasy games.

And I'm not saying that I want Dark Souls to present its narrative like the Final Fantasy games, I just love emotional stories =) (which Dark Souls did have, but it took me a while to realize all the sadness in the game)

FFX is probably my number two game of all time. I remember playing that game until I had beaten Nemesis... I just wish I could have fought against Penance, but alas... International and PAL only :(

Here's some nice gamer blasphemy for ya... never liked FFVII very much.
#32ChubbyflamingoPosted 1/30/2013 10:35:55 PM
SubTonic14 posted...
^ You seem terrified to express a negative opinion of Dark Souls in any fashion on these boards...I can't blame you.

haha oh so you noticed?
Well either way, I definitely have a hard time even revealing to myself that anything in the game is negative.

boodgenuminus posted...

FFX is probably my number two game of all time. I remember playing that game until I had beaten Nemesis... I just wish I could have fought against Penance, but alas... International and PAL only :(

Here's some nice gamer blasphemy for ya... never liked FFVII very much.

Never did unlock Nemesis. I plan on doing everything again if the remaster ever gets released! Also I am in the same boat, could not fight Penance for the same reason,

It's defiantly understandable that some people don't like FFVII. One of my friends is the same, he liked the beginning but could not get into the rest of the game. Overall it was the first Final Fantasy and RPG that I played, and nostalgia plays a huge role.
#33Prism WeaponPosted 1/30/2013 11:19:31 PM
Yeah this game is amazing
#34HandsomeNerd85Posted 1/30/2013 11:48:36 PM
Dark Souls is most probably my favorite game this generation. Each time I've read interviews with the creator you get the sense that the guy's a god damn genius.

Though Zelda is still at the apex of mount gaming. Nothing will ever beat the pouring rain of Link to the Past or seeing Hyriule in glorious 3d for the first time.

The two series hit you at different places; The dark recesses of your mind and the eternal child in you. I personally need both.
#35youshallbeasgodPosted 1/31/2013 12:20:29 AM(edited)
Greatest game ever made? Hardly. Still a great game.
But more like one of the most overrated games of all time, along with FFVII and X (when everyone knows VI and IX are the best in the series)
---
Relax, it's just a game.
#36brumeyPosted 1/31/2013 12:18:59 AM
only game that i also played excessively is CASTLEVANIA SOTN on PS1.

damn, need to play more demons! but invading with pursuers at SL30 is still so much fun!
#37AnamawcityPosted 1/31/2013 6:17:04 AM
overmaxx posted...
Dark Souls is why I still play video games in any passionate form (instead of time wasters).
Literally the only PS3 game I play.

I thought I was getting tired of video games, but Dark Souls proved me wrong, it proved developers weren't giving me what I wanted, the problem wasn't me.

Completely agree, took the words right out of my mouth. To be fair though Demon and Dark Souls aren't the only games I've enjoyed this gen, Bioshock had a lot of passion in it.
---
"Tis a terrible pity. Like a moth flittering towards a flame."
#38DotanaPosted 1/31/2013 7:17:35 AM
boodgenuminus posted...
Well, after 11 playthroughs, I have to say that this game is the greatest game ever made.

I keep putting it down to check out new releases, and invariably find that I'm incredibly disappointed and go back to Dark Souls.

Dark Souls has ruined gaming for me.

definitively!