Wow, township pvp is a joke.

#1closetkpopfanPosted 1/30/2013 9:43:57 PM
I was just trying to have a little fun before stopping for the night, but wow this was one of the worst pvp experiences I've had with the game. I did about 8 invasions, and 7 of them were 3 vs 1. That's fine, that's what happens when you invade alot the time, but pretty much every single one of those seven 3 on 1 matches consisted of 1 - 2 waiting behind the spawn to gank while the others were the stairs encase you try to run into the level.

I love how even though I'm under 25% equip burden, someone else's sprint is inevitably faster then mine because they somehow manage to catch me and backstab me even though I was ahead of him a good distance. None of them even bothered to try and fight fair, they all pretty much started spamming attacks, pursuers, dark beads as soon as I spawned. I think there was only one of those seven 3 on 1s that wasn't a gank, and they were down by the Chester phantom and promptly ran to meet me. Even so, that was still a 3 on 1 situation where I couldn't do much, I did manage to WotG one of them down the elevator shaft which made it worth it.

Oh and if your wondering about the only invasion that wasn't 3 on 1, it was 2 on 1 and possibly the worst of the bunch. They were both standing infront of me as I spawned, only one of them used TWoP as I was spawning like only douches do of course. Why do people resort to such utter cheese in the pvp in this game? I get it if your just trying to beat the level and you aren't looking to duel fairly, but when your clearly camping the spawn point with 2 phantoms how is that even fun? Likewise what satisfaction does beating someone give you when you TWoP them? Sure showed your pvp skills there buddy.
---
http://s1.postimage.org/fm1o7jxqn/secret.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ezujF.jpg
#2lucky_sharm19Posted 1/30/2013 9:46:05 PM
Oh jeez, we have another Kiln already? Bloody hell.
---
PSN: GSPhantom
Shall we dance, my darling?
#3dthomas125Posted 1/30/2013 9:50:07 PM
They run ALLLLLLLLL the time there. It's worse than the forest IMO.
---
PSN - dthomas125 - "Some people die at 25 and aren't buried until 75." Benjamin Franklin
#4shoe7essPosted 1/30/2013 9:51:14 PM
closetkpopfan posted...
I was just trying to have a little fun before stopping for the night, but wow this was one of the worst pvp experiences I've had with the game. I did about 8 invasions, and 7 of them were 3 vs 1. That's fine, that's what happens when you invade alot the time, but pretty much every single one of those seven 3 on 1 matches consisted of 1 - 2 waiting behind the spawn to gank while the others were the stairs encase you try to run into the level.

I love how even though I'm under 25% equip burden, someone else's sprint is inevitably faster then mine because they somehow manage to catch me and backstab me even though I was ahead of him a good distance. None of them even bothered to try and fight fair, they all pretty much started spamming attacks, pursuers, dark beads as soon as I spawned. I think there was only one of those seven 3 on 1s that wasn't a gank, and they were down by the Chester phantom and promptly ran to meet me. Even so, that was still a 3 on 1 situation where I couldn't do much, I did manage to WotG one of them down the elevator shaft which made it worth it.

Oh and if your wondering about the only invasion that wasn't 3 on 1, it was 2 on 1 and possibly the worst of the bunch. They were both standing infront of me as I spawned, only one of them used TWoP as I was spawning like only douches do of course. Why do people resort to such utter cheese in the pvp in this game? I get it if your just trying to beat the level and you aren't looking to duel fairly, but when your clearly camping the spawn point with 2 phantoms how is that even fun? Likewise what satisfaction does beating someone give you when you TWoP them? Sure showed your pvp skills there buddy.

Iirc, equipment burden isn't what affects run speed, it's the actual armor you have equipped. Being completely naked is the fastest you can run in the game.
---
You might as well paint yourself yellow, run around like a maniac, and call yourself Banana Man.
PSN/GT: shoe7ess
#5MrSmi7hPosted 1/30/2013 9:54:49 PM
dthomas125 posted...
They run ALLLLLLLLL the time there. It's worse than the forest IMO.

It happens a lot, also, about 50% of the people there are cool enough and ok duelers.
#6localizedfreedoPosted 1/30/2013 9:58:56 PM
Roll is faster than sprint
---
GT: ii Messatsu ii
DIVINE CLAYMORE of the Dark Souls
#7Ryphis_DemeanorPosted 1/30/2013 10:56:31 PM
You are the invader....unless you are throwing down your red summon sign and then I feel for you, but if you are just invading you should know to expect this. The best is having a nice poise set up, some extra defense (99 humanity) and a zweihander to cut through 2 vs 1 gankers like butter.
#8TrixtinFamerPosted 1/30/2013 11:10:03 PM
LOL at the running away backstab part. Same here bro. WTF is up with dudes outrunning my max speed? Not only that there is a certain sword thrust that can be spammed as I bolt and it gets me everytime.
#9AIreadylnUsePosted 1/31/2013 12:01:27 AM
Ryphis_Demeanor posted...
You are the invader....unless you are throwing down your red summon sign and then I feel for you, but if you are just invading you should know to expect this. The best is having a nice poise set up, some extra defense (99 humanity) and a zweihander to cut through 2 vs 1 gankers like butter.

Do you actually PvP? Zwei is going to do a whole lot of good vs dark bead and TWoP.

To TC, host Township, invading has been god awful everywhere for a long time now.
#10seyyjJPosted 1/31/2013 2:19:34 AM
So far I've had quite decent matches in Township, maybe because I mostly wait to get invaded. Quite often there's three guys waiting if I invade but that's fine, it's fun to try to kill the host and get indicted.

Kiln is okay if you wait to get invaded but invading yourself is whole different thing. Invaded there for like an hour last night. It seems the worst scumbags hang there, people who play only to win, use all kinds of "cheap tactics" and if they get killed THEY WILL INDICT YOU. I remember two brazilian guys who were at the spawn, the other had Stone Greatsword to cast TwoP on me and then both of them spammed R1 with dem Golden Tracers.

I actually wrote a msg to the host asking "dude, seriously? cmon are you farming souls or do you actually enjoy that? :D" After a while the guy responds with some insult (I guess, what else can it be?) in some latino language..

None of that exists in Burg, there's always players willing to have fair, decent duels without any childish bullcrap, they can deal with losing and even that doesn't really matter. What matters is the fair good fight which both players can enjoy. Or atleast that's how I see it and I think I'm not alone with this view.