Xbox board

#51SolidKnightPosted 1/31/2013 5:14:13 PM
Tr1pLe- posted...
SolidKnight posted...
Tr1pLe- posted...
Placing limitations on yourself and expecting ur opponent to follow suit is plain [stupid].

Seriously. I always bring a gun to a game of football. No limits, bro.

Yea... Thats out of context. More like team 1 will never hand off for a run, so team 2 cant either, even though its allowed in the game, and an available option for both teams.

Sports don't have glitches. Toggle escape is an exploit. It does take a bit of skill to use though which makes it somewhat blurry in terms of use. Regardless, it is an exploit. Have the balls to admit it. I really don't care if people use it but don't try to kid yourselves.
#52SolidKnightPosted 1/31/2013 5:15:26 PM
zyrax2301 posted...
SolidKnight posted...
zyrax2301 posted...
^ Toggle escape was already well-known in Demon's Souls, so they could have fixed it if they wanted to.

I really don't want to bring that argument here though lol

So were some input bugs. Maybe those bugs were intentional too.

Like...? Spell-swap?

That and disappearimg input after performing some actions.
#53Tr1pLe-Posted 1/31/2013 5:28:10 PM
SolidKnight posted...
Tr1pLe- posted...
SolidKnight posted...
Tr1pLe- posted...
Placing limitations on yourself and expecting ur opponent to follow suit is plain [stupid].

Seriously. I always bring a gun to a game of football. No limits, bro.

Yea... Thats out of context. More like team 1 will never hand off for a run, so team 2 cant either, even though its allowed in the game, and an available option for both teams.

Sports don't have glitches. Toggle escape is an exploit. It does take a bit of skill to use though which makes it somewhat blurry in terms of use. Regardless, it is an exploit. Have the balls to admit it. I really don't care if people use it but don't try to kid yourselves.

Do i think toggle escape is some kind of glitch/exploit, or whatever it would be classified as? Yes. Will i use it? Yes. Same as i would use dead angling, bb glitch for faster pvp characters, dragon head to quickly level up those pvp characters. Whats your point? Im sure i left some glitches/exploits out, these came to mind first.
#54SolidKnightPosted 1/31/2013 5:33:01 PM
Tr1pLe- posted...
Do i think toggle escape is some kind of glitch/exploit, or whatever it would be classified as? Yes. Will i use it? Yes. Same as i would use dead angling, bb glitch for faster pvp characters, dragon head to quickly level up those pvp characters. Whats your point? Im sure i left some glitches/exploits out, these came to mind first.

Point is: you can't act like it's legit.
#55Tr1pLe-Posted 1/31/2013 5:43:06 PM
SolidKnight posted...
Tr1pLe- posted...

Uve never used any these before and whatever ones i did not list? I dont see nothin wrong when people toggle escape from my stun locks.
#56SolidKnightPosted 1/31/2013 5:55:43 PM
Tr1pLe- posted...
SolidKnight posted...
Tr1pLe- posted...

Uve never used any these before and whatever ones i did not list? I dont see nothin wrong when people toggle escape from my stun locks.

Whether or not I used them is irrelevant to their classification. Whether or not you like to use them or don't mind them being used is also irrelevant.
#57Tr1pLe-Posted 1/31/2013 6:11:04 PM
SolidKnight posted...
Tr1pLe- posted...
SolidKnight posted...
Tr1pLe- posted...

Whether or not I used them is irrelevant to their classification. Whether or not you like to use them or don't mind them being used is also irrelevant.

It is relevant, since we can both agree they are all glitches/exploits. Justifying the use of one and not the others doesnt make sense. If ones wrong in your eyes, then they are all wrong. Kinda like the holy rollers i see now a days, pick and choose what they like out of the bible, and disregard other things they dont like or want applied to their lives. Besides, i dont know how we came onto this topic of toggle escapes, when i didnt post anything about it, my post was regarding self imposed rules and placing it on others, not glitches/exploits. Not gonna start a battle, so u can have the last word.
#58SolidKnightPosted 1/31/2013 6:18:09 PM
I haven't justified the use of any of them.
#59localizedfreedo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 12:20:08 AM
SolidKnight posted...
Tr1pLe- posted...

It's a legitimate tactic.
---
GT: ii Messatsu ii
DIVINE CLAYMORE of the Dark Souls
#60TwistedSensesPosted 2/1/2013 1:02:25 AM(edited)
toggle escape will stop being legit when the poise system, ganking (in which you are getting bombarded by poise breaks), and large sweeping if not additionally laggy weapons are better corrected and hurt/hitboxes make more sense.

It may be an 'exploit' by technical standards, but it's an appreciated circumvention/counter to a problematic system in general that was never meant to be so scrutinized or taken this seriously in the first place. For games in general, but especially the fgc where so many terms and applicable comparisons/analogies can be drawn, many exploits and the legitimacy thereof are questioned, but not necessarily dismissed as illegal or wholly unfair anyways. There are entirely 'legal/legit' spells/concepts in the game that are stupid and practically unfair.

I don't believe the weapon toggling animation was a 'safeguard' intentionally put in by developers, but again--taking advantage of something's natural characteristics (in this case, it's pseudo-hyper armor) to apply in a different situation where it's almost desperately necessary doesn't seem like the end of the world, or a true breaching of morality/ethics.
---
Deadpool/Hawkeye/Strider Hiryu all day | Yoshimitsu/Raven | Goh'ing to hell since like...a few months ago.