Question about weapons

#1wild_warrior98Posted 1/31/2013 12:56:31 PM
I started Dark souls with an Int character, and ended up getting the moonlight butterfly horn. I think that the build i made would have been really good if I would have enjoyed spellcasting more. I really dont like casting, and never use it, so I decided to restart my game using the knowledge from my first try.

My new character I am building End/Vit, and rely on the drake sword to get me by until i can upgrade a lightning/fire weapon for end game. This is where things got bumpy. I planned on making a lightning Gargoyle's Halberd because it has good damage, decent speed, and good range, but it didnt drop for me from the gargs!

So my question is, seeing how that plan wont work, what would be a good alternative lightning/fire weapon? I really like longer weapons, but Im not too interested in super slow great swords. Im considering the washing pole +5 lightning, or perhaps the furysword.

The reason I am wanting to build lightning or fire is because I dont want to put any points into dex or str (other than for weapon prof.) until i get my vit and end to 40. That may not be until NG+, so im not worried about getting a dex or str scaling weapon my first playthrough.

Thanks in advance for the help. I am quite new to the game still so please forgive any inaccuracies in my post :).
---
two bee oar knot two bee
#2zyrax2301Posted 1/31/2013 1:01:58 PM
Furysword is cool, make one of those :)
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#3DarkSouls28Posted 1/31/2013 3:32:58 PM
I don't recommend a fire weapon as you can just get Quelaags Fury sword as your fire weapon. As for wanting a lightning weapon, you want to look for something that attacks quickly because lightning builds up after every hit. I also don't recommend you ascend any S-B Scaling weapons to lightning as you wanna save them for +15 due to their high scaling. Basically find a quick weapon with bad scaling and ascend that to lightning. As for choices I would recommend The Washing pole, Shotel, or Silver Knight Straight sword. They're just a few, but choose whatever you want.
---
Praiseee the Sun!
#4Ryphis_DemeanorPosted 1/31/2013 3:35:24 PM
Chaos Great Scythe +5.

I have been a Zweihander user since day one but recently I built this weapon and I'm using it all the time. You get fire damage, bleeding damage, and it has one of the best DPS in the game. Would work really well with your build too.