Why do people keep saying "Casul" instead of "Casual"

#21AIreadylnUsePosted 1/31/2013 10:21:34 PM
Detsuaxhe posted...
Because it was a one-off joke made by a clever person, and in the tradition of the internet, everyone noticed it was funny several months later and started repeating it mindlessly.

If someone uses the word, you can immediately know that he has no capacity for independent thought, cleverness, or originality, and can dismiss everything he says as either regurgitated from another source, or worthless.

It's clever to misspell something while parodying stupid people? You make wide sweeping generalizations of everyone you've ever encountered based on the smallest details of their posts? I'm going to guess you're a pseudo-intellectual studying liberal arts... it's probably not fair to judge you so broadly, but at least I have more to go in that joke of a post then a typo.

Also u casul.
#22xCloudyxPosted 1/31/2013 10:31:12 PM(edited)
Detsuaxhe posted...
If someone uses the word, you can immediately know that he has no capacity for independent thought, cleverness, or originality, and can dismiss everything he says as either regurgitated from another source, or worthless.

Says someone using the English language.
---
(\ (O_O) /) Praise the sun!
#23YuenkuPosted 2/1/2013 12:13:31 AM
It was inspired by onlyafro's video, like others had said.

And it stuck around. Which isn't inherently a bad or good thing; it's how terms and phrases come and go in any language (I don't think "scrub" or Noob" existed X-years ago).

You know, languages evolving over time and such.

I personally find it amusing.
---
~**Lolicon Pride**~
#24seyyjJPosted 2/1/2013 2:19:17 AM
TC u casul?!
#25Chao_YunPosted 2/1/2013 5:05:07 AM
AIreadylnUse posted...
Detsuaxhe posted...
Because it was a one-off joke made by a clever person, and in the tradition of the internet, everyone noticed it was funny several months later and started repeating it mindlessly.

It's clever to misspell something while parodying stupid people? You make wide sweeping generalizations of everyone you've ever encountered based on the smallest details of their posts? I'm going to guess you're a pseudo-intellectual studying liberal arts... it's probably not fair to judge you so broadly, but at least I have more to go in that joke of a post then a typo.

Also u casul.

Uh, he didn't start it. Where are you going with this? He is giving the origin of the word, which, incidentally, is what the TC asked for. When people call others stupid, and make gross grammatical errors, yes, it is funny. I was an Econ major. Graduated yet? ;)
---
Forest trees are greener.
#26acangialPosted 2/1/2013 5:18:39 AM
Everyone who doesn't get this yet is actually sub-Cazul. Below are the hierachial stages of the Dark Souls n00bdom:

Pro (sometimes referred to as "Japanese" and/or have at least 1000 Indictments)
Average (most players on this board)
Casul (probably me)
Cazul (TC)
Sub Cazul (old humorless farts like Solid Knight)
..... (empty space - reserved for people who hate this game because they suck at it and then blog about it on line thinking they can actually make a difference)
---
He brings whale sushi and panda kebabs to vegan potlucks - World's Most Interesting Man
#27gofyaselfPosted 2/1/2013 5:35:37 AM
Seiryuujin posted...
gofyaself posted...
localizedfreedo posted...
gofyaself posted...
I don't get why people use the stupid saying butthurt.Which is not even a word.I'm sure someone will write are you butthurt,or something similar to that.Just to let you people know,it sounds stupid.

Butthurt is a reference to the feeling of guilty anger after being reprimanded or corrected, like a child after a spanking.

Still,I just think of a 12 year old saying that every time I see it.

Still, I just think of a 12 year old everytime I see your grammar.

Cool
---
A bullet sounds the same in every language,so stick a ******* sock in it.
psn:gofyaself
#28-Crazy_Dude-Posted 2/1/2013 6:38:07 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyA8odjCzZ4

...enjoy
#29IceCooleyPosted 2/1/2013 8:13:06 AM
I don't understand what is so clever about the spelling, can someone enlighten me?
#30DetsuaxhePosted 2/1/2013 9:26:20 AM
Looks like I touched a nerve with a few posters here. Sorry guys, but the facts won't change no matter how much you flame me.
---
Where's my "Accept This Moderation with Extreme Reluctance and Resentful Glares" button?
When reading and responding to my posts, try to take it easy.