I beat the game once when it first came out...why revisit it?

#1kahPosted 1/31/2013 9:21:28 PM
There's a new dlc my brother told me about. How long is it? Where would I even go to access it? Will I be behind in gear or whatever if I only did a first playthrough? I remember I used a maxed out demon spear (the long one) and the ring that lets you do cartwheels when I finished.

I really enjoyed my first time through so I'm wondering what I'm missing out on.
#2JimiMorrison187Posted 1/31/2013 9:23:21 PM
Did you even play NG+?

The REAL DARK SOULS STARTS THERE
---
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/ripvanwallace/SCAN001.jpg
#3kah(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 9:26:25 PM
I think I beat the opening dungeon in NG+ and stopped cause of so many other games that came out at the time. I just read that I'd have pretty far to go just to reach the point where I can do the DLC? So basically I'm looking at a pretty big time commitment to NG+ just to see the new content?
#4JimiMorrison187Posted 1/31/2013 9:30:03 PM(edited)
Well...If you start over you need to get through roughly 1/2 of the game to open the content I would say. You ahve to get the Lord Vessel so you can warp at least.

The content is over by the Hydra you kill and then you beat that gold golem over there and there is a warp.
---
If you like Terraria and can't wait for Starbound check out Darkout too (Greenlight it!): http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=98158224
#5shadowsofdawnPosted 1/31/2013 9:30:00 PM
You'll need to beat Ornstein and Smough again in Anor Londo, and then do a few other things . And yes, you'll definitely need to change your gear; demon spear is going to be too weak against some of NG+ bosses, and the DWGR no longer functions the way it did before after the last patch.
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#6kah(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 9:32:34 PM
Wait so they nerfed my cartwheel ring? Can I no longer be a ninja with my super long spear?

This saddens me.
#7JimiMorrison187Posted 1/31/2013 9:39:15 PM(edited)
They changed quite a bit of stuff. They rebalanced the game qa lot. It will probably actually feel new because you won't be able to use the same stuff.

They lowered the value of elemental weapons as well. They are fine for early and the first playthrough,b ut get outclassed by others later. Much faster than before.

DWGR is nerfed so it doesn't give the 50% fastroll bonus. It's down to 25%. You can still ninja flip, but the higher equip load fast roll threshhold is gone.

They destroyed the Crystal Ring Shield. No longer useful.

Antiquated set got a huge nerf. Iron Flesh is worthless.
---
Fog Ring Waaaahhhh People glitching to get souls Waaaaahhhh Lightning weapons at low levels Waaaahhhhh
#8Kyuubi4269Posted 1/31/2013 9:42:39 PM
Fog ring doesn't stop lock either so useless and Elite Knight got buffed, what patch did you have when you done NG?
---
If your shop is getting shot by an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get an arrow in the knee.
PSN: Lord_of_Cinders
#9kah(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 12:18:49 AM
I beat it within a week or so after launch.
#10ScarletStriderPosted 2/1/2013 3:21:58 AM
Play it again.
Worth it.
Best game ever, play it till you die.
---
PSN: Tensa_Strider
XBL/GFWL: TStr1derT