best curved sword?

#1DFlo15Posted 1/31/2013 9:08:01 PM
I have the scimitar i love the sword so much but wen i deal with bosses i have no choice but to use my claymore! Any suggestions? (On first playthrough)
---
Why is yukkiko such a pain in the ass to use?;/
#2lucky_sharm19Posted 1/31/2013 9:10:56 PM
Depends on the situation, really. If your opponent is turtling then the Shotel is the best option. As for a curved sword that's best as a primary method of engagement? Either the Falchion or the Gold Tracer. Falchion can be buffed, Gold Tracer can't.
---
PSN: GSPhantom
Shall we dance, my darling?
#3DetsuaxhePosted 1/31/2013 9:24:40 PM
The Painted Guardian Sword is pretty popular, and the Gold Tracer's bleed is pretty useful. Just remember to look at DPS instead of damage per hit. Curved swords won't do as much damage per hit, but they're much faster.
---
Where's my "Accept This Moderation with Extreme Reluctance and Resentful Glares" button?
When reading and responding to my posts, try to take it easy.
#4DFlo15(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 9:29:41 PM
Thanks. Also when i one hand the scimitar, my first strike feels real slow. Is this a trend with most of the curved swords because the scimitar is funner to use two handed but i dont feel that it is very effiencient
---
#5PHoToS999Posted 1/31/2013 9:37:24 PM
If the damage isn't good, you either need to upgrade the weapon or upgrade the attacking stat.
---
Silvy owns my pants...and my soul.
Please sign this petition if you want the bbox glitch in Dark Souls: http://tinyurl.com/9f9gv8y you are our only hope.
#6cody316Posted 1/31/2013 9:39:13 PM
Frankly I always use the shotel as my curved sword of choice. The fact that it can go through shields is a godsend in certain pvp scenarios, and it only does marginally less damage than the falchion.

Besides, it looks totally sick, especially when buffed. (Charcoal resin that *****, intimidation points plus a thousand).
---
Current Dark Souls Build: Grave/Dex http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=270625079504875381
PSN: wdh316-=-=-=-=-=-Join the Cult of Cody's Hat Today!
#7DFlo15(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 9:42:57 PM
PHoToS999 posted...
If the damage isn't good, you either need to upgrade the weapon or upgrade the attacking stat.

Cool. Kinda thought you were going to say that. Lastly would you consider the scimitar viable? I just love its design
---
#8lucky_sharm19Posted 1/31/2013 9:45:28 PM
It has the same moveset and weight as the Falchion but deals less damage. Besides looks, there's really no reason at all to use the Scimitar.
---
PSN: GSPhantom
Shall we dance, my darling?
#9AIreadylnUsePosted 1/31/2013 10:27:52 PM
DFlo15 posted...
PHoToS999 posted...

Cool. Kinda thought you were going to say that. Lastly would you consider the scimitar viable? I just love its design

The Scimitar is a lighter curved sword with less damage then the falchion and a somewhat shorter range. The attacking speed (and I believe stamina consumption) is identical between the two. The Painting Guardian Sword does a bit more damage than the falchion but has significantly worse range then even the scimitar (basically punch range).

Unless you're killing a post charging-Gaping or something else that doesn't like to move at all falchion is going to be more useful than PGS. Scimitar is only for looks or if you really detest the falchion's design.

Gold Tracer is a (I believe) weaker Falchion with strange R2s, an obnoxious streak visual and good bleed build up. Probably beyond excellent for bosses but I haven't played with it much. Like most curved swords it's easy to get shut out if they're paying attention but also excellent if they are poiseless or slow on the draw. It's also unbuffable, so if you can buff choose something else. Because of the way buffs work in this game they end up amazing on curved swords and anything else with a fast swing speed.

Shotel is good as a back up, but few people just hold up shields these days. I'd take a black flame over it personally.