is this hard to get into?

#1Bar_bar13Posted 2/1/2013 12:50:15 AM
I recently bought this game after hearing good things about it but is it hard to master? Thanks in advance
---
"Martyr me for Cordis Die"
#2altrichPosted 2/1/2013 1:48:12 AM
it's hard to master tbh. The game doesn't hold your hand and you need to figure out some important stuffs & game mechanics by yourself. Both PVE & PVP can be frustrating for new player but damn this game is a lot of fun. Many people here will tell you this is one of the best game they ever played.

Just be patient enough (has nothing to do with hours invested) and always think outside of the box whenever you stuck or find problems with the game's enemies/bosses. I promise you, you will then find the game at least fall into 'very good' category if you play it this way.
---
total return swap against libor +165 bps. what do?
#3AIreadylnUsePosted 2/1/2013 2:10:23 AM
Be attentive, be patient, be careful, think things through, use a shield. Don't consult guides, play offline. You will probably like this game.
#4xCloudyxPosted 2/1/2013 2:56:33 AM
Yes it is very hard to master and a bit difficult to get into. But like some things I have seen... the more you stick with it... the more you love it and the love will start to grow exponentially. It didn't get a ridiculous amount of love for nothing apart from the people who put it down after constantly dying in the first five hours.

Problem is it takes a sh*t ton of practice and knowledge of how the game works to really get going.
There's a boss called asylum demon you can get to very early and I remember trying to beat him my first time after playing over half the game and was very leveled up and geared up and I thought it was almost impossible.
Now I can choose a thief class and go find him which takes less than 10 minutes from start of the game and kill him without even leveling up once. But that's what this game is like.
---
(\ (O_O) /) Praise the sun!
#5xCloudyxPosted 2/1/2013 2:59:46 AM
AIreadylnUse posted...
Be attentive, be patient, be careful, think things through, use a shield. Don't consult guides, play offline. You will probably like this game.

Why would he want to play offline? The messages people leave are one of the best aspects for new players. After a couple of play through's there is no need to even read them anymore.

As long as he doesn't keep reverting himself back into human form after every time he dies then he can't be invaded which is the only problem a player like him will ever have online.
---
(\ (O_O) /) Praise the sun!
#6gaztop77Posted 2/1/2013 3:59:37 AM
People who dont play this game because they have heard its too hard are missing out on an amazing gaming experience. I nearly did not buy the game for that very fact but took a punt when I saw vidoes of the massive bosses you have to fight.

The first few hours are the toughest because your character is so weak but once you do a bit of farming and levelled up then the areas you have been struggling on become rediculously easy. I often laugh at the trouble I had getting past the capra and taurus demons early on in the game and then butchering a group of 10 that you have to fight later on...like a levelled up claymore through butter!

I also recommend minimal use of guides as half the fun is going places you shouldnt and getting your ass kicked