Demon's Souls PVP is much better

#31SolidKnightPosted 2/3/2013 6:07:22 PM
No stunlock? What are you smoking? In Demon's Souls, you could stunlock with quite a few weapons and, at the very least, stun players long enough to land a long combo. And the lag was worse. Running katana attacks would hit you from miles away.
#32AlbinoCrocodilePosted 2/3/2013 8:08:46 PM
Demon's Souls PvP is even more of the same boring crap over and over, all that game is good for now is scraping spearing low level players. I'll stick to Dark Souls thank you, much more fun destroying people.
---
Miss Albino at your service...
Not really.
#33LodissPosted 2/3/2013 8:25:38 PM
I'm playing through it now for the first time. Most people are cool, not much grass spamming, except when I was doing 3-3. They really didn't want to let me get the old monk's soul.

That got a little frustrating. When I got summoned as a black phantom on that fight it didn't even occur to me to heal. I had so much hp that I won without even needing to grass.
---
You were indicted
#34zyrax2301Posted 2/3/2013 8:28:22 PM
Old Monks grassing is really bad form. They aren't getting into the spirit of being the boss.

Stacking HP regen and using Second Chance is totally legit though.

>_>

<_<

>_>

teehee
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#35William S BurroughsPosted 2/3/2013 8:40:31 PM
I miss being able to make completely invisible stealth builds. Chameleon is nice, but it's not the same as rushing a host with Cloak, stabbing them in the back or swiping them with a sword, then falling back and watching them flail around trying to find you. Blindfighting was awesome.
---
smash the control images, smash the control machine.
#36Nanoframe(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 10:06:40 PM
marko7 posted...
Nanoframe posted...
The PVP is better: No backstab fishing,
no roll backstabbing
No lag backstabbing
only way you will get backstabbed is if you try running away, as it should be
No overpowered magic
No cheap magic
Any weapon can work well because thers no poise
No stun locking for everyone

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAA!!!!!!

How many times have you played online? Like once?

There's tons of fishing and lag stabs. Magic is hideously overpowered (Cracked Curse Weapon, Firestorm, WoG, Hyper Firespray, SC, Toxic Cloud and Acid Cloud) thats why everyone uses it in some shape or form. Not to mention its essentially never ending with the MP system, unlike in Dark Souls with the limited casts.

Ive had 500 pvp sessions in Demons this week and have not met any of the mentioned cheap tactics exept maybe 2 people that use mirdan hammer.

Played as chars sl 20-70 had some great fights, and sometimes after the fight helped people clear the level as red phantoms there can damage mobs.

Any weapon can work but there is clearly superior weapons in the game that everyone will use. Armour is essentially useless in Demons Souls too so again you'll probably encounter people with the same setups because fat roll = instant death.

No stunlocking you say? The whole lack of poise renders that point moot entirely. A lot of melee weapons in DeS have some form of stunlock capability but some weapons like the Mirdan Hammer and Blue Blood Sword will stunlock you to death instantly unless you know about toggle escape. Not to mention the vastly popular dual Uchi push-lock set up players use and it will destroy most opponents.

There's more things wrong with DeS's online but to be honest I did have a lot of fun with it. It had some great ideas and systems that are better than what Dark Souls has done but overall Dark Souls has the more balanced gameplay I think.

---
I-/I II\
I-\I^II-\
#37Nanoframe(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 10:08:51 PM
Ive had 500 pvp sessions in Demons this week and have not met any of the mentioned cheap tactics exept maybe 2 people that use mirdan hammer.

Played as chars sl 20-70 had some great fights, and sometimes after the fight helped people clear the level as red phantoms there can damage mobs.
---
I-/I II\
I-\I^II-\
#38Renegade109Posted 2/4/2013 3:32:18 AM(edited)
Nanoframe posted...

So basically you're playing at a trash SL range against trash invaders, and using your experience with said trash to generalise about what tactics are used long after the game's online activity has plundered and the majority of competent players have moved on?

If you haven't seen a Katana pushlock, a Vit-Gouged NR, DBS or Estoc user fishing vigorously for a BS, or a single roll BS in '500 PvP' sessions then you are playing against bad people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfJYjULy9aE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohq6dce5VXU

Watch, learn.
---
http://i.imgur.com/PELu7.png [] http://i.imgur.com/Um6Qk.png
~ Nothing ventured, nothing gained. ~
#39Nanoframe(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 9:55:48 AM
So you saying the katana pushers and backstab fishers are good peope? I play at under 100 sl because i dont think i would find games higher.

People who find cheap exploits may not be good at normal fighting as some people i met that are good because they are great at video games in general.

They play the game as it was intended and thats the most fun instead of wasting a good fight running around looking for that bs or stunlock opening
---
I-/I II\
I-\I^II-\
#40snicklecuckPosted 2/4/2013 10:01:24 AM
AlbinoCrocodile posted...
Demon's Souls PvP is even more of the same boring crap over and over, all that game is good for now is scraping spearing low level players. I'll stick to Dark Souls thank you, much more fun destroying people.

lol this guy gets so excited whenever he gets to talk s*** about demon's souls.