Is the AotA DLC a NG+ thing or did I simply miss it?

#1NeoTStylePosted 2/1/2013 3:53:58 PM(edited)
I just beat Gwyn (and well, 4 more bosses now in NG+) and I was just wondering whether I completely missed the AotA sections of the game or if I was simply not yet supposed to go there until later. I thought the game would at least point me into a direction after I beat Gwyn, but instead it just started a NG+ for me.

I remember there being some weird door-like thing in the arena for the Centipede Demon, but I couldn't interact with it so I suppose it was either nothing or it might be unlocked now in NG+.

I just dunno. ;_;
#2Kyuubi4269Posted 2/1/2013 3:55:56 PM
Ask Dusk. You know AotA is set in Oolacile, right?
---
If your shop is getting shot by an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get an arrow in the knee.
PSN: Lord_of_Cinders
#3WafalafaugusPosted 2/1/2013 3:56:08 PM
It's not a NG+ thing, you missed it.

When you enter the Duke's Archives there will be a crystal golem that drops the broken pendant. Once that is in your possession, go to where you saved Dusk of Oolacile. There will be a portal for you to interact with.
---
Use Transvestite curses or the Ghost blades to damage them.~Ahriman
#4Buddy_DacotePosted 2/1/2013 3:57:43 PM
You missed it. You're supposed to do AotA around the time you do the lord bosses. You have to place the lordvessel before you can start it. It's kinda hard to figure out how to gain access to it on your own, so if you want to know excactly how to do it, check out this link:

http://darksouls.wikidot.com/additional-content
#5AsellusaPosted 2/1/2013 3:58:46 PM
That door is actually the Daughter of Chaos covenant shortcut to Lost Izalith.
---
[PSN: kaliechancan]
I have crap luck and find glitches everywhere.
#6DetsuaxhePosted 2/1/2013 3:58:56 PM
Google is a difficult website to navigate, TC. I feel your pain.
---
Where's my "Accept This Moderation with Extreme Reluctance and Resentful Glares" button?
When reading and responding to my posts, try to take it easy.
#7NeoTStyle(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 4:11:52 PM(edited)
Google is a difficult website to navigate, TC. I feel your pain.

B-but that's what this board's for...!

Ask Dusk. You know AotA is set in Oolacile, right?

I actually don't know anything about AotA tbh. Was thinking about finding it and going in blind, but I ended up accidentally skipping it altogether as you can see. ;_;

When you enter the Duke's Archives there will be a crystal golem that drops the broken pendant. Once that is in your possession, go to where you saved Dusk of Oolacile. There will be a portal for you to interact with.

That's odd. I'm sure I had the pendant, but I've never met Dusk.

Well, thanks guys. Now I know what to do.

NG+ has actually been pretty easy considering the terrible things I've heard about it, so I might soon be able to actually play AotA. lol ;_;
#8DetsuaxhePosted 2/1/2013 4:26:53 PM
I'm not saying you shouldn't have made this thread, I'm saying you were silly for just assuming that the DLC would change something as fundamental as "the game ends when you kill Gwyn." There's a difference between going in blind and being dumb.
---
Where's my "Accept This Moderation with Extreme Reluctance and Resentful Glares" button?
When reading and responding to my posts, try to take it easy.
#9R1masherPosted 2/1/2013 4:30:50 PM
Detsuaxhe posted...
I'm not saying you shouldn't have made this thread, I'm saying you were silly for just assuming that the DLC would change something as fundamental as "the game ends when you kill Gwyn." There's a difference between going in blind and being dumb.

---
R1R1R1R1R1R1
#10NeoTStyle(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 4:38:57 PM
Fair enough I guess, since you basically overthrow an corrupted undead god at the end like in DeS it should be expected that the game would end. In my defense it's still the first time Souls had DLC so I didn't really know what to look for. ;_;