best to worst- starting classes

#11ThrowmastaPosted 2/2/2013 3:39:59 PM
Deprived is best. It gives you a legit excuse to run around as a naked female player character until you find some armor, which doesnt have to happen for a LONG time if you play your cards right XD

Hahaha, you win Sir =)
#12mychocoboscoolPosted 2/2/2013 6:04:42 PM
I use Bandit for my SL 125 dex/faith and also my sl 50 vit end build. Any other class would not have worked as well
---
"Nothing is impossible" is a false quote because then something that is impossible is impossible.
PSN: Pack_517
#13CorneredPosted 2/2/2013 6:14:25 PM
It makes absolutely no sense from what I can see to pick the Sorcerer unless you're building a 9 Strength character.
#14AIreadylnUsePosted 2/2/2013 6:28:36 PM
As a new player on the easiness scale..
Sorcerer
Pyromancer
Hunter
Wanderer
The other ones
Deprived

Armor doesn't really matter, having a ranged alternative (20 instant kills at start with sorcerer, 8 fireballs for bosses, early bow) makes the game a lot easier, and if it's your first time through you might not figure out where to get that stuff right away. I'm fond of Wanderer because scimitar has decent range with an excellent strike speed which against the first enemies (mostly 0 poise scrubs) makes things very easy. Also doesn't drain on your low stamina as much as sword classes. Deprived is just ****. As someone who played with a reinforced club SL1 up to NG++ the clubs swing rate is atrocious and the damage for the beginning club is average at best. Range is low, moveset is smaller than any other weapon in the game, etc, etc.

From a min-max perspective about the ones I haven't seen come up are Hunter, Sorcerer, Thief, Knight and Deprived. Bandit, Warrior, Pyromancer and Cleric come up a lot, maybe Wanderer too. As a new player starting off but wanting to open themselves up to a lot of equipment, hunter and wanderer are the way to go (probably the most enjoyable beginning melee classes too).
#15Fo_lc_usPosted 2/2/2013 10:13:58 PM
Lordkeyblade posted...
How is deprived the worst? Hes the hardest in the beginning but you go pick up the bandit set fast if you want armor. He has 11 in all stats, he doesnt major in anything ut he has wven stats, making builds easier.

http://mmdks.com/zpw

http://mmdks.com/zpx

When you absolutely, positively have to fit as many stats as you have room for, accept no substitutes.
---
GT: remShotz
Speakeasy member.
#16MattheauPosted 2/3/2013 4:54:19 AM
AIreadylnUse posted...
As a new player on the easiness scale..
Sorcerer
Pyromancer
Hunter
Wanderer
The other ones
Deprived

Yes, as long as the new player understands the magic system completely, knows how to position themselves, understands that enemies can kill you while casting, knows about the enemies that ambush you, knows all the Abyssal Demon's moveset so they never get glanced, knows the Abyssal Demon is going to ambush you the first time, and knows about the stair trap.
#17KrystohPosted 2/3/2013 5:11:32 AM
Cornered posted...
It makes absolutely no sense from what I can see to pick the Sorcerer unless you're building a 9 Strength character.

They start with higher int and att. So if you are making an int build it makes perfect sense.
#18JimiMorrison187Posted 2/3/2013 5:11:45 AM
I usually take Pyromancer simply because it starts with a low SL and I think I figured out one time that you get a couple "free" stat points with that class.
---
If you like Terraria and can't wait for Starbound check out Darkout too (Greenlight it!): http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=98158224