If the Serpent Ring gives +200 to item discovery, what does each humanity give?

#1johnnydan22Posted 2/2/2013 12:55:12 PM
Is there a chart of some sort?

Also, does increased humanity give a boost to rare drops, such as the Black Knight Sword? WHICH I STILL HAVEN'T GOTTEN YET >:o
#2dantedeschain13Posted 2/2/2013 12:59:17 PM
All I can tell you is that it maxes out at 10 humanity and I think the max discovery is 432 or in that ball park. What SL are you I have like 20 swords I could give you
#3MosgusPosted 2/2/2013 12:59:17 PM
First point of humanity gives a whopping 50 item discovery. The next nine collectively build up to another 60.

As far as I know the mechanics behind item the discovery are pretty much like a "luck" stat. You have a generally better chance of anything dropping. Don't think it affects anything in specific like rare drops more or less than common ones.
#4johnnydan22(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 1:12:49 PM(edited)
dantedeschain13 posted...
All I can tell you is that it maxes out at 10 humanity and I think the max discovery is 432 or in that ball park. What SL are you I have like 20 swords I could give you

Good to know about the limit, and thanks for the offer man, but but XBL membership JUST expired :(

edit: just realized I posted this in the PS3 forum... oops

Mosgus posted...
First point of humanity gives a whopping 50 item discovery. The next nine collectively build up to another 60.

As far as I know the mechanics behind item the discovery are pretty much like a "luck" stat. You have a generally better chance of anything dropping. Don't think it affects anything in specific like rare drops more or less than common ones.

WOW.. the first point gives 50?? So with the ring and just one humanity I'll have a huge boost in discovery... thanks for that.

By the way, do I have to be HUMAN for the increase in discovery, or just have the humanity in my counter in the top left?
#5MosgusPosted 2/2/2013 1:11:14 PM
johnnydan22 posted...

Good to know about the limit, and thanks for the offer man, but but XBL membership JUST expired :(

Mosgus posted...

WOW.. the first point gives 50?? So with the ring and just one humanity I'll have a huge boost in discovery... thanks for that.

By the way, do I have to be HUMAN for the increase in discovery, or just have the humanity in my counter in the top left?

You just have to have it up in your counter to gain the benefits. No human form required.
#6DetsuaxhePosted 2/2/2013 5:16:14 PM
http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Humanity

10 humanity adds 110 to your item discovery, total. There's diminishing returns.
---
Where's my "Accept This Moderation with Extreme Reluctance and Resentful Glares" button?
When reading and responding to my posts, try to take it easy.
#7JimiMorrison187Posted 2/2/2013 5:17:38 PM
Max is 410.

Ring + 10 Humanity.
---
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/ripvanwallace/SCAN001.jpg
#8res_black_deathPosted 2/2/2013 5:19:54 PM
Quick question, can the avarice helm boost item discovery past the normal limit if used with the ring+10 humanity?
#9dantedeschain13Posted 2/2/2013 5:28:00 PM
res_black_death posted...
Quick question, can the avarice helm boost item discovery past the normal limit if used with the ring+10 humanity?

No, tried it before. It adds the same value as the ring, so if you didn't have it you could use the helm. Not sure if it works with zero humanity but having the ring equipped though
#10res_black_deathPosted 2/2/2013 5:32:24 PM
res_black_death posted...

No, tried it before. It adds the same value as the ring, so if you didn't have it you could use the helm. Not sure if it works with zero humanity but having the ring equipped though

Well damn. If it worked I was gonna use that combo for farming slabs (after farming for the helm....). Oh well thanks for the reply.