Divine or Occult

#1Excle93Posted 2/3/2013 9:58:35 PM
Okay no I know this question has been asked a trillion times, I'm new to this site and still kinda new to the game (On four kings are my last boss before gwyn) so I was just wondering what is a strong Divine weapon I can use. I kow everyone is going to yell +5 Claymore!! but I really hate big slow weapons like that..so any other suggestions. Also My stats are
Faith:40
Vit:23
End:23
Dex:14
Int:16
This has gotten me through the game (Even the dlc) I'm SL 88 atm <--If that helps at all. Thanks!!
#2DetsuaxhePosted 2/3/2013 10:07:55 PM
Since you didn't list your strength, I'm going to assume your Dex is higher. If that's correct, I'd recommend putting a few more levels into dex and upgrading a corresponding weapon, like a katana, rapier, or spear. Strength weapons are generally the ones that focus on slower, heavier attacks, while dex weapons tend to be more about faster, lighter blows.

Richard's Rapier in particular can be pretty deadly when used right.
---
Where's my "Accept This Moderation with Extreme Reluctance and Resentful Glares" button?
When reading and responding to my posts, try to take it easy.
#3OSSG712Posted 2/3/2013 10:15:06 PM
Divine out-damages Occult 90% of the time. Either way, the difference is not that big so just go divine to save yourself the trouble.

I would suggest katanas/curved swords if you like fast dex weapons. You can't really go wrong with anything in PvE. As much as you research and learn about the game, it is both more fun and more insightful to just try out the weapons for yourself and see which ones you like. But if you must know, the Falchion and Uchigatana are two very solid weapons that fall into those categories.
#4Excle93(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 10:26:40 PM
Thanks guys for the info, but yea sorry I didn't want to spam the thread with all my stats but my
STR:24
#5MrSmi7hPosted 2/3/2013 10:27:58 PM
Excle93 posted...
Okay no I know this question has been asked a trillion times, I'm new to this site and still kinda new to the game (On four kings are my last boss before gwyn) so I was just wondering what is a strong Divine weapon I can use. I kow everyone is going to yell +5 Claymore!! but I really hate big slow weapons like that..so any other suggestions. Also My stats are
This has gotten me through the game (Even the dlc) I'm SL 88 atm <--If that helps at all. Thanks!!

Is split damage, IE 200 normal damage and 200 fire vs 200 physical defense and 200 fire defense...you really need to get the big numbers here if you want to hit hard, so, let me tell you that "big, slow weapons" are your only choice.

At 50 faith divine is stronger almost always. You can try the gargoyle halberd, the Scythe, or the great Scythe.
---
My Murakumo duel vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=and0qFN4cpI
#6m415mikePosted 2/3/2013 11:01:17 PM
MrSmi7h posted...
Excle93 posted...

Is split damage, IE 200 normal damage and 200 fire vs 200 physical defense and 200 fire defense...you really need to get the big numbers here if you want to hit hard, so, let me tell you that "big, slow weapons" are your only choice.

At 50 faith divine is stronger almost always. You can try the gargoyle halberd, the Scythe, or the great Scythe.

This person's weapon recommendations are wise. I'd also toss the regular halberd, lucerne, and any hammer weapon into the mix.

Here's the catch, though. The difference in damage between the two paths should be negligible. Divine is useful for the Catacombs and Nito, but occult is useful for all of Anor Londo and the Kiln.
#7Deified_DataPosted 2/5/2013 2:59:11 PM
I keep one of both around.
#8dozingdevilPosted 2/5/2013 3:07:01 PM
m415mike posted...
MrSmi7h posted...
Excle93 posted...

This person's weapon recommendations are wise. I'd also toss the regular halberd, lucerne, and any hammer weapon into the mix.

Here's the catch, though. The difference in damage between the two paths should be negligible. Divine is useful for the Catacombs and Nito, but occult is useful for all of Anor Londo and the Kiln.

Divine has a higher magic split making it more useful imo. PvP for example.
---
PSN: Swordsaintscoot
#9caelitus1Posted 2/5/2013 3:33:15 PM(edited)
occult is good for bows

try an occult composite bow with moonlight arrows