What sort of opponent do you feel is worthy of a "point down" after winning?

#41liampancakesPosted 2/4/2013 6:13:43 PM
Deified_Data, you're the moron and a classic example of the baseless egos that make any legitimate discussion of the functions of the game near impossible.
#42mkshifteuphoriaPosted 2/4/2013 6:34:55 PM
As much as I hate to admit it, taunts drive me insane. It's not even so much the taunt itself but the people that use them. When I'm legitimately owned by an obviously superior player, 99% of the time I'll get a bow. The only opponents that taunt me are the ones that are obviously terrible, cheap players...they gank, bs fish, run to a corner and flask 10 times with 76 poise, etc.

For example, I was PVPing today in Oolacile Township, and fought someone that ran away and flasked at least 5 times. I BS punished all but one of the attempts. I eventually lost (barely), and he "shrugged." To me, "shrug" means "what, that was it?" which is irritating when I killed him nearly 5 times over without healing myself. Sure, I could have popped a humanity after every BS and been back up to near-full health, but then the fight just gets dragged out endlessly and turns into "who can chug the most estus/pop the most humanity" instead of "who's the better PVPer." I'd rather just have the fight end so I can battle a real opponent.

I know, "well then don't let them kill you!" or "this is Dark souls, deal with it!" but that doesn't change how I feel about point down or any other taunt. They're used almost entirely by players that utilize cheap tactics in order to stroke their egos.

TL;DR The only opponent worthy of a point down is one that would use it them self...awful, cheap players.
#43monosluggPosted 2/4/2013 7:09:25 PM
lucky_sharm19 posted...
It's an awfully condescending gesture that I only reserve for forest/Kiln gankers. When I'm up against two Forest Hunters or a flasker I usually just Wave as a way of saying "Bye ****lord, have a nice day!"

Maybe we should call them foreskilns?
#44Titanite-DemonPosted 2/4/2013 7:18:16 PM
Roxelot posted...
Me. I'm like a huge d***. Literally and figuratively.

So if I punch you anywhere, it'll hurt really bad?

Topic:
Fishermen & shotgunners. Also Mages.
---
Yin: 'Am I *** for having a sexual attraction to your name?' Nami: 'Prolly not.'
Yin: 'Why?' Nami: 'Well, it's self explanatory.'
#45RoxelotPosted 2/4/2013 9:54:42 PM
Titanite-Demon posted...
Roxelot posted...

Yeah, but it has its perks. Gwynevere is certainly not complaining.
#46TorebackulaPosted 2/4/2013 10:24:42 PM
Titanite-Demon posted...
Roxelot posted...

That's how Houdini died.
---
I am gonna pound you so gross later.
PSN: Torebackula; Krondoobius ---------- Faces of Fashion Souls: http://imgur.com/a/CwoYC/
#47LuigiohPosted 2/4/2013 10:25:34 PM
All of them.
---
28mg and declining keep it up man you can do this you want this
#48Deified_DataPosted 2/5/2013 5:47:39 PM
liampancakes posted...
Deified_Data, you're the moron and a classic example of the baseless egos that make any legitimate discussion of the functions of the game near impossible.

No ego here - I've only been playing for about a week and get stomped by just about every invader I encounter. I just have the insight to know that if I'm losing or finding combat a struggle, there's probably something I could be doing differently as opposed to chalking it all up to the "cheap" tactics employed by others.

On this board, "cheap" often means "strategy I wasn't prepared for", so there you go.
#49DarkSouls28Posted 2/5/2013 5:58:15 PM
Anyone who uses pyromancy constantly.
---
"It is a good life we lead, brother." "The best! May it never change." "... And may it never change us." -Assassin's Creed II
#50DarkSouls28Posted 2/5/2013 5:58:38 PM
Anyone who uses pyromancy constantly.
---
"It is a good life we lead, brother." "The best! May it never change." "... And may it never change us." -Assassin's Creed II