Anyone else hope that in Dark Souls 2

#1Spikey_KunPosted 2/4/2013 6:10:58 AM
Sorceries require a little more personal "skill" to use properly?

I'm not saying nerf them but as they are right now any noob with a staff can faceroll the game. In PvP its as simple as having a high INT stat and spamming abilities. It takes very little skill at all, especially with the new Dark Magics, for someone to do well.

And to save you all the trouble, yes, I do have a sore spot from fighting sorcery users. I retired my own sorcery build after getting the DLC and using some of those new spells. Literally, I could win most fights by casting 1-2 spells: Dark Bead (and if I miss or it doesn't 1-shot the guy), Dark Bead.
---
"Tell me the password or maybe I'll hit your weak point for massive damage!"
-Kai
#2Oil_Rope_BombsPosted 2/4/2013 6:17:37 AM
What part of you is sore?
---
http://i.imgur.com/mLCkc.png
#3CaptainWolfPosted 2/4/2013 6:22:02 AM
I can agree with that, for the most part.
I adore Mages in RPG games, but Dark Souls PvE as a Mage is just a joke. Whip the stick out. Cast a spell. Check if it's dead. Cast another spell.

PvP Sorcery, however, seems just fine to me.
Err.. That is if you don't use Dark Bead/Pursuers.
I'm not about to claim that they're over-powered, but they are very annoying, in my opinion.
---
[Your ad here. For more information, call your mother.]
Xbox LIVE: Hellwolf8400 | PSN: hellwolf84
#4De-PandoPosted 2/4/2013 6:36:46 AM
Dragons Dogma magic system is probably one of the best. Super powered, are destroying spells leave you very vunerable for a very long time- quicker spells do very little, and other spells disable the enemy through different status or surround you with CQD minions. A lot more variety, and i think that mages in DkS would do very well and be more accepted if the OHKO move required a minute long cast time with three casts as opposed to,say, ten casts and a 2 second cast time.
---
I keep waiting for Aldous Huxley's ghost to show up and say " I told you So!"
#5PHoToS999Posted 2/4/2013 6:41:23 AM
Oil_Rope_Bombs posted...
What part of you is sore?

Oh you know which part. *wink*
---
Silvy owns my pants...and my soul.
Please sign this petition if you want the bbox glitch in Dark Souls: http://tinyurl.com/9f9gv8y you are our only hope.
#6PHoToS999Posted 2/4/2013 6:44:38 AM
De-Pando posted...
Dragons Dogma magic system is probably one of the best. Super powered, are destroying spells leave you very vunerable for a very long time- quicker spells do very little, and other spells disable the enemy through different status or surround you with CQD minions. A lot more variety, and i think that mages in DkS would do very well and be more accepted if the OHKO move required a minute long cast time with three casts as opposed to,say, ten casts and a 2 second cast time.

As well as that worked in DD, you would have to really boost the spell times since your opponent could just walk up and smack you around for a second.
---
Silvy owns my pants...and my soul.
Please sign this petition if you want the bbox glitch in Dark Souls: http://tinyurl.com/9f9gv8y you are our only hope.
#7VidmorPosted 2/4/2013 6:51:06 AM
Agree, they're just very easy to use/abuse. I was invading with my SL60 in the Depths last night, and I ended up matched against a guy that hid in the bonfire room, pursuers active, spamming dark bead. For my 900 hp, the damage was always near fatal, even with Magic Barrier active. Once I finally got close to him, he was visibly panicked and went down easy, but he managed to kill me twice before that happened. I have respect for people that make pure magic builds or variations thereof, but the Dark Sorceries have made it a little too easy to excel with magic.
#8CaptainWolfPosted 2/4/2013 7:07:49 AM
...Now I kinda want to try getting a few kills with Dark Orb and Dark Fog exclusively. I'll tell you how it went, if I do.
---
[Your ad here. For more information, call your mother.]
Xbox LIVE: Hellwolf8400 | PSN: hellwolf84
#9Burst_StreamPosted 2/4/2013 7:20:31 AM
Have people forgotten how to roll or something?
---
PSN: TekkenSushiEXE
http://i.imgur.com/b6zH9.jpg
#10Dealer-of-DoomPosted 2/4/2013 9:54:21 AM
If all I wanna do is throw something out there and watch to see what falls, I opt to play Angry Birds. Why even play pvp dark souls just to cast dark magic? My ten year old son can steal roll the game with that crap. My wife beat someone the other day with it, and she can't even beat the asylum demon. All I had to do was force her to start using lock on, and she beat people. She doesn't even know how to hold the button down to make Mario run in New Super Mario Bros Wii.

I think it's safe to say dark magic is cheap.

Yes, I roll through it. But I've ha many cases where I'll roll through 7 or 8 or more pursuer, beads, orb spams only to get caught ONCE and die. That's cheap.

Whether it can be countered or not... Why is it so hard for people to admit that it's cheap, and its easy mode? I'll just think of my wife when I see you casting... And recall how a non gamer games people using that lame, cheap, easy, overly casual, over powered, angry birds, dark magic crap.