If I'm trying to get through an area and am invaded. . .

#1Phantom0708Posted 2/4/2013 9:40:51 AM
I'm going to use cheap tactics to kill the invader

I don't wanna deal with enemies and an invader at the same time.

Does anyone else feel the same?

If I want to pvp, I'd do it fairly when there's no enemies around.
---
Xbox live GT is Devilwillcry42
My name is Kanji Tatsumi, you said I like dudes, prepare to die.
#2firedraco2Posted 2/4/2013 9:43:51 AM
Go ahead.
---
Well when I asked this one cute girl out during lunch, I got laughed at because I was wearing this ridiculous cape called the Ebisu Rainment. -NeoseekerDarkKn
#3d3dsightPosted 2/4/2013 9:45:10 AM
Those are the only real invasions anyway as far as I'm concerned.
#4snicklecuckPosted 2/4/2013 9:55:06 AM
And he's probably gonna use cheap tactics right back.
#5DignatoReRaisedPosted 2/4/2013 10:06:57 AM
snicklecuck posted...
And he's probably gonna use cheap tactics right back.

And both of them are going to whine about the other doing it.
---
PSN: DignatoRR || Pawn: Skarid - Ranger - Level 30 and rising
#6Dealer-of-DoomPosted 2/4/2013 10:09:59 AM
Those are the best kinds of invasions. Why spoil the fun and end it quickly? Heal... Sure. But I never ramp magic damage, hornet ring, or pull out the easy mode stuff. Invasions are half the fun. The only levels I look forward to on a playthrough are the ones popular for invasion.

Be cheap all you want. At least you're admitting it... Unlike many people on the board.
#7Phantom0708(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 10:15:09 AM
Dealer-of-Doom posted...
Those are the best kinds of invasions. Why spoil the fun and end it quickly? Heal... Sure. But I never ramp magic damage, hornet ring, or pull out the easy mode stuff. Invasions are half the fun. The only levels I look forward to on a playthrough are the ones popular for invasion.

Be cheap all you want. At least you're admitting it... Unlike many people on the board.

It's only really if I'm in the middle of fighting something and some ganker runs up on me

If I'm just running through, the only cheap thing I'll do is heal

Besides, I normally play a fatass heavy build
---
Xbox live GT is Devilwillcry42
My name is Kanji Tatsumi, you said I like dudes, prepare to die.
#8Dealer-of-DoomPosted 2/4/2013 10:17:30 AM
Healing is almost expected during a random.

Only time that gets super cheap is if your phantoms are doing all the fighting and you're standing back safely chugging estus to keep them alive. Hate that.

Always Lloyd the host. Always Lloyd the host. Always Lloyd the host.
#9CaptainLukaPosted 2/4/2013 10:19:50 AM
If someone invades me, I use whatever tactic I want. I mean, they're invading my game to end my progress for a little while. I'm in body form to co-op, so I accept the risks. I won't disconnect or anything (unless it's some griefer purposely drawing things out, then it's just boring), but I will do what I can to win.

I'm very aggressive with invaders. Not because I hate them, but I think it's more fun that way. I just want to get back to co-op.

The same goes for the few times I decide I want to invade people - I don't expect any sort of kindness shown to me. I'm there to ruin someone's day. I wouldn't blame someone for pulling "cheap" tactics to kill me and continue their progress.

I used to at least bow a lot, but I've been mauled on PS3 every time I do, so a few bad apples ruined that. That never happened in my experiences with the game on 360.
---
My spell check just had a mental breakdown...
http://i.minus.com/ibhGOcxiSygOh.gif
#10caramel_codPosted 2/4/2013 10:28:10 AM
My favorite recent invasion was in Upper Blighttown. The host kept running across the rickety bridge below the first bonfire as I attempted to drop attack him from above. Every time I'd position myself above him, he'd run across to the other side in hopes that I'd drop down and have to cross the bridge myself.

Of course, my counter-strategy was to keep forcing him to cross the bridge until he inevitably fell, which he did, but it was still an interesting battle of wits that felt good after so much gear vs gear fighting.