Should I open the shortcut with the chaos servant ?

#1iokiPosted 2/4/2013 10:43:52 AM
Preparing to start a NG+. Haven't messed with that covenant on this character. I think it stays open once unlocked, regardless if you leave the covenant or start a new game? Should I spend the 30 humanity then?
#2TurionPosted 2/4/2013 11:01:07 AM
As far as I know it does NOT stay open, which makes it a chore everytime... I wouldn't really bother with it unless you really want to see Solaire saved :)
---
'' The mystery of life is not a problem to solve, but a reality to experience. ''
#3rectaljukeboxPosted 2/4/2013 11:09:14 AM
Once you've opened the shortcut, it should stay open if you leave the covenant - but doubt it would stay open for NG+ (not tried, but would be odd).

It is good to open if you want to farm the titanite demon - but is also possible from izalith bonfire (just more annoying)
#4acangialPosted 2/4/2013 11:21:37 AM
Not sure about this, but if you are in darkwraith cov, you may not be able to get back in. Anyone know if this is true? I would like to know because I would also like to open that shortcut.
---
He brings whale sushi and panda kebabs to vegan potlucks - World's Most Interesting Man
#5ioki(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 11:32:51 AM
Getting mixed results here. Mostly though I'm seeing it DOES NOT stay open in NG+ ( if your still in good terms with the Chaos Covenant I believe you'll only need 15 humanity your next game to open it since they do count some of your previous efforts in NG as long as you left the covenant in good standing-the dude in the tower) If anyone can confirm please do. Otherwise I may just keep my humanity and start NG+. Doesn't seem to be worth it
#6LegoTechnicPosted 2/4/2013 11:39:16 AM(edited)
Unlocking and then opening the shortcut keeps it open for that playthrough, as once it's opened it stays open. However it will reset to closed in NG+, and you will need to be rank 2+ in the Chaos Covenant to reopen it.

The trick is if you're rank 2 or higher you can open the door when you reach it, otherwise you can't. That's the only check, and when the world resets the door closes. If you stay in the covenant in all NGs, then you'll be able to open the door as you please, but if you leave then you can't.
---
Bane even prayed for Dick when he became Batman. -- Frostbite_Zero
#7d3dsightPosted 2/4/2013 11:36:37 AM
ioki posted...
Getting mixed results here. Mostly though I'm seeing it DOES NOT stay open in NG+ ( if your still in good terms with the Chaos Covenant I believe you'll only need 15 humanity your next game to open it since they do count some of your previous efforts in NG as long as you left the covenant in good standing-the dude in the tower) If anyone can confirm please do. Otherwise I may just keep my humanity and start NG+. Doesn't seem to be worth it

I unlocked the shortcut in NG. I switched convenants before beating Gwyn. In NG+, the shortcut was NOT unlocked. I don't know if it would've been unlocked if I would've stayed in the covenant, however. This was very recent.
#8William S BurroughsPosted 2/4/2013 11:41:41 AM
If you go to rank 2 and open it, when you go to ng+ and rejoin the covenant, you'll start back up at half your previous rank. So you just have to donate 15 humanities in ng+ which isn't bad.
---
smash the control images, smash the control machine.