Witch Beatrice's sign didn't appear before Moonlight Butterfly

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Witch Beatrice's sign didn't appear before Moonlight Butterfly
3 years ago#1
I was going to summon her because I didn't have any great ranged option at the time, but when I checked under the stairs/destroyed the bush her sign wasn't there. I don't particularly need her help with 4 kings, but will her corpse still appear in Valley of the Drakes if I never got the chance to summon her?

I was not wearing the Cat Covenant Ring. Does anything else effect whether she shows or not?
3 years ago#2
Reasons for not seeing summons signs are:
-You are not human
-you are not online (online summons only)
-you are not looking in the right place
-you have already summoned the NPC phantom and crystal'd them away, or you summoned them and they died. Both require resting at a bonfire again for some reason.
-you have already defeated the area boss.
-you placed your own summon sign

Check the list above for your error^
If none, then you have defied the laws of dark souls, or pissed off your god.
---
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
3 years ago#3
This one time, I forgot I put a summon sign down and was wondering what the hell was happening for ten minutes.
---
PSN: Swordsaintscoot
3 years ago#4
Also, her corpse ALWAYS appears after defeating the 4-kings, no worries.
---
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
3 years ago#5
Good to know, Hellfire. I actually didn't meet any of those requirements - I have no idea what happened. It has to be something, though. I know I checked the right place and I know I was human.
3 years ago#6
I read somewhere on this board that if you kill Sif before attempting the Butterfly her sign won't appear. Did you kill Sif?
3 years ago#7
EDIT: Wait, no, I missed the last part of the list. I had placed my summon sign in the garden before attempting the fight. That's it. Thanks, guys!
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Witch Beatrice's sign didn't appear before Moonlight Butterfly

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived