Is it too early in-game to say I like this game a lot?

#1EtroAnimePosted 2/5/2013 6:52:04 PM
I just got out of the Undead Asylum and I've been leveling and practicing the combat on those undead warriors and that rat for the time being in the Firelink Shrine and just enjoying myself. I know there will be some frustrations eventually but so far I can really see myself enjoying this and that is sort of a surprise for me.
---
PSN ID: Rammel29
#2SolidKnightPosted 2/5/2013 6:55:48 PM
Yes. Your judgement is premature. I guarantee you'll hate this game si.ce the rest of the game just expands on what you've already done rather than changing it up completely. How lazy can they get? They could have at least had an on rails quick time segment where you ride on a dragon.
#3HeavensEndPosted 2/5/2013 6:56:48 PM
You'll normally know from the start if you'll like the game or not. It's a marmite effect.
---
PSN: DyingDreams
A gamer is just that, regardless of gender
#4EtroAnime(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 7:00:56 PM
SolidKnight posted...
Yes. Your judgement is premature. I guarantee you'll hate this game si.ce the rest of the game just expands on what you've already done rather than changing it up completely. How lazy can they get? They could have at least had an on rails quick time segment where you ride on a dragon.

This made me laugh. So far the game seems more appealing than Demon Souls and I played a decent amount of that game but grew tired of it. I hope Dark Souls isn't the same way but the game pulled me in with the starting environment looking quite lovely.
---
#5acangialPosted 2/5/2013 7:23:08 PM
Don't mind Solid, he is an old grouch. He is probably an expert at the game but gets labeled Casul often ( a word you'll become familiar with soon enough).

It is too early. It's my favorite game of all time. I don't really invest much time in video games in my old age, but this game has for me hooked with about 220 hours invested.

Many people get frustrated once they reach Blighttown or Anor Londo archers. You'll know when you get there what I am talking about. Until then, enjoy this masterpiece of art and entertainment.
---
He brings whale sushi and panda kebabs to vegan potlucks - World's Most Interesting Man
#6SolidKnightPosted 2/5/2013 7:37:27 PM
acangial posted...
Don't mind Solid, he is an old grouch. He is probably an expert at the game but gets labeled Casul often ( a word you'll become familiar with soon enough).

It is too early. It's my favorite game of all time. I don't really invest much time in video games in my old age, but this game has for me hooked with about 220 hours invested.

Many people get frustrated once they reach Blighttown or Anor Londo archers. You'll know when you get there what I am talking about. Until then, enjoy this masterpiece of art and entertainment.

Lol. Only 220 hours? Multiply that by ten and you'll be in my ball park, son. Lol. And you call me casul.
#7acangialPosted 2/5/2013 7:49:47 PM
SolidKnight posted...
acangial posted...

Lol. Only 220 hours? Multiply that by ten and you'll be in my ball park, son. Lol. And you call me casul.

No, I call you sub Cazul. Wow, 2000 hours. That's nuts. I am almost done with it to be honest. I spend more time on this board lately making fun of you than actually playing the game. I am going to try a faith build, and then maybe hang it up for a while until DKS2 comes out.
---
He brings whale sushi and panda kebabs to vegan potlucks - World's Most Interesting Man
#8SolidKnightPosted 2/5/2013 7:55:08 PM
acangial posted...
SolidKnight posted...
acangial posted...

No, I call you sub Cazul. Wow, 2000 hours. That's nuts. I am almost done with it to be honest. I spend more time on this board lately making fun of you than actually playing the game. I am going to try a faith build, and then maybe hang it up for a while until DKS2 comes out.

I pretty much stopped playing two months ago. Probaby won't touch a game console until mid April.
#9acangialPosted 2/5/2013 8:00:01 PM
SolidKnight posted...
acangial posted...
SolidKnight posted...
acangial posted...

I pretty much stopped playing two months ago. Probaby won't touch a game console until mid April.

Once April comes I get busy outdoors right through September and might play video games a few hours a week, if that. Good night. I need to get to sleep.
---
#10EtroAnime(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 3:57:08 PM
Woooo this game is intense, I love it! Just fought some mage and some huge black knight in some abandon church. I also learned my lesson against those knights with the rapiers, could not believe my eyes when they parry-to-riposte my ass. XD I plan on running back through there again because I am more prepared to face off those guys now. I went through that church area with about 8 humanity, low health and all out of flasks.

I do expect the game to get even more challenging as I keep hearing people say Blightown is infuriating but we shall see because so far I am loving the challenge so far. :D One question, will that mage and huge knight re-spawn after I rest at the bonfire?
---