I love how it's impossible to get a fair fight.

#1TrixtinFamerPosted 2/5/2013 9:08:28 PM
No, wait, it's dumb as hell.

"Wow From has created such a deep, intricate fighting system filled with subtle nuance and balanced play!"

Great, now take all that and go invade 3 gankers, all higher level than you. Or try your luck in the forest, clear out all the NPCs and fail to summon 5 times, before the forest covies are all over you. Maybe the Arena which clearly favors certain builds, if you actually get it to work.

It's not about winning or losing. It's about obtaining the feeling that maybe, just maybe, a fight could go either way. The rarest match up in this game is 1 vs 1 same SL no NPCs. That should tell you just how big a troll this game really is.
#2Bolt_ActionPosted 2/5/2013 9:15:16 PM
I get fair fights all the time in Undead Burg. Also the forest (not the covenant area).

I also host 1v1s in the Township and watch people slaughter each other. Whoever goes on a 5+ win streak gets a free boss soul.

I feel bad for people like you who can't enjoy the game for what it is. Quit whining and man up or get out.
---
PSN = BodomsChild
http://redsoldiersyndicate.com - looking for a clan? Join RSS!
#3VidmorPosted 2/5/2013 9:47:17 PM
Dealing with other players is always sure to bring some tom foolery, especially in certain areas. Sadly, certain builds will simply not work, and even good builds can fail if they aren't optimized. It will really help you to check out the information on the wiki. Check out poise breakpoints, the latency tutorial on youtube, maybe some extra info on PvP in general.

The system is awfully easy to abuse, and if it's really bothering you so bad that you had to make a topic about it, take a break. For a few days if you need to. Give yourself some time to enjoy the game again.
#4Kyuubi4269Posted 2/5/2013 10:10:47 PM
Forest Ganking 101:

Jump down the stairs.
Summon a phantom.
Kill mobs.
If summon failed, pick another.
Fend off Forest Hunters until arrival.

Was that so hard?
---
If your shop is getting shot by an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get an arrow in the knee.
PSN: Lord_of_Cinders
#5altrichPosted 2/5/2013 10:11:06 PM
My god what a baby you are.. My head still hurts from your statement so I'll let other explain how it is not impossible to get a fair fight..
---
total return swap against libor +165 bps. what do?
#6Doggieboy8954Posted 2/5/2013 10:53:26 PM
Pvp is broken in this game. Might as well take advantage of it.
#7cody316Posted 2/5/2013 11:44:23 PM
I always get fair fights in the burg, it's the DLC that's slowly becoming the home of all manner of scum.
---
Current Dark Souls Build: Grave/Dex http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=270625079504875381
PSN: wdh316-=-=-=-=-=-Join the Cult of Cody's Hat Today!
#8Ryphis_DemeanorPosted 2/6/2013 1:58:36 AM
Everyone has it wrong. Online co-op and PvP is just like Dark Souls/Demon's Souls. It's hard. You never know what soul level someone is until they die. If you are invading you should expect the odds against you, it's a given. You will die a lot. Or you can lie a lot.
#9MattheauPosted 2/6/2013 2:08:44 AM
If the point was to give out fair fights, don't you think they would use a more conventional matchmaking system or increase the stat requirements for upgraded weapons?
#10SurvivorTypePosted 2/6/2013 4:20:52 AM
Since when was the game intended for fair play? It's not what you want from the game, it's what the game offers you. If you can't accept that fact, you're not going to have fun.
---
I may be a fool, but I intend to be a live fool. - Matrim Cauthon