The Gravelords

#1iokiPosted 2/6/2013 11:25:10 AM
I've come across some tough black/red phantom enemies in the undead parish (NG+). From my understanding this means I've been gravelorded right?

I went to look for their sign on the ground so I can stop this and invade them but couldn't find it. Do I have to be in human form?

What else can you tell me about this process? When I first played a long time ago this covenant was "broken" and not alot of people uses it.
#2ioki(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 11:29:00 AM
I've logged off and in back on now. Phantoms still there (I enjoy the challenge) but that doesn't mean there's a gravelord sign nearby right? I think I read that the phantoms remain even if the gravelorder disconnects. How am I to know so I don't search for him all day
#3Mountaintop884Posted 2/6/2013 11:42:27 AM
I'm curious about this as well. Last night a msg showed on my screen about searching out the gravelord servant to return my world to normal or something like that. But I could not find anything i considered out of the norm. Idk
#4MrSmi7hPosted 2/6/2013 12:29:19 PM
I've graveloled once.
---
My Murakumo duel vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=and0qFN4cpI
#5beggargirlPosted 2/6/2013 12:35:00 PM
ioki posted...
I've logged off and in back on now. Phantoms still there (I enjoy the challenge) but that doesn't mean there's a gravelord sign nearby right? I think I read that the phantoms remain even if the gravelorder disconnects. How am I to know so I don't search for him all day

If you've disconnected from the gravelord the game will allow the red enemies to remain until a 10 minute timer expires, at which point a scripted "Disasters are gone after the Defeat of the Gravelord Servant" message appears and the enemies die. If you die or rest at a bonfire before the 10 minutes passes, the 10 minute timer resets.

If you go offline, or the gravelord goes offline or is summoned while gravelording, then you will no longer be connected to each other and it is strictly the timer at work.

Yes you can see and invade the gravelord's sign when you are hollow.
#6ioki(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 12:45:41 PM
Great thank you. That covered most everything. However how do I know that the sign is still there and I'm not fighting off the 10min timer? I can't find this one guy in undead burg and not sure if I'm just in a timer
#7haarlem1982Posted 2/6/2013 12:54:07 PM
Just go do something else for 10 minutes. But be carefull, there's a;so a glitch called perma gravelorded, which basically means that area will stay gravelorded indefinitely, although I'm not sure what causes it.
---
You need people like me so you can point your f***ing fingers, and say: that's the bad guy.
psn demonchild82, MILFeaterManfred
#8ioki(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 1:00:15 PM
Damn those phantoms re spawn. I beat 2 tough knights then got summoned. When I returned after the beating the boss they both came and destroyed me
#9beggargirlPosted 2/6/2013 1:35:33 PM
ioki posted...
Great thank you. That covered most everything. However how do I know that the sign is still there and I'm not fighting off the 10min timer? I can't find this one guy in undead burg and not sure if I'm just in a timer

You wait ten minutes. ;)

If you logged off and logged back on while you had the red enemies, then you aren't connected to that gravelord anymore.