What a Rush!!! (spoilers)

#1chevalianknightPosted 2/6/2013 2:52:35 PM
I just defeated the Stray Demon...I have never experienced such a frustrating, yet rewarding boss fight in such a long time. The Stray Demon kept killing me as soon as I hit the floor, where I was ready to throw my controller in frustration. I started cursing the developers for creating such a "cheap" boss.

I started reading the message boards for some advice but I creating my own strategy. My character is a melee-based knight, so I had to stick and move, stick and move. To quote Muhammad Ali, "...float like a butterfly, sting like a bee..." I kept doing hit and run, criss cross attacks.

As soon as I hit the ground, I rushed the boss, as I did not concentrate on healing. I hit him once with a two-handed weapon. I made sure I was behind but far away from him. As soon as he did his attacks, I was behind him but away from him, so I did not get hit. When he started turning around, I engaged him, hitting him and then going directly behind him.

And to think, I was going to trade in this game. I felt good when I killed the Hydra but I felt great by killing the Stray Demon.
---
A true knight, will forsake egoism and humiliate oneself with knighthood.
Its only when weve lost everything, then we are free to do anything.--Tyler Durden
#2d3dsightPosted 2/6/2013 2:54:12 PM
Bring a bag to breathe into when you fight O&S or the Four Kings. Or Kalameet if you get the DLC.
#3zyrax2301Posted 2/6/2013 2:55:32 PM
Once you learn to hide in their asscrack, the [Big Fat] Demon bosses aren't that much of a concern.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#4dantedeschain13Posted 2/6/2013 3:03:31 PM
zyrax2301 posted...
Once you learn to hide in their asscrack, the [Big Fat] Demon bosses aren't that much of a concern.

What he said, I think a lot of us have been there :P
#5Deified_DataPosted 2/6/2013 3:06:06 PM
Beat him for the first time at SL30 last night. Couldn't take his magical AoE attack so I just stripped off all my armor for speed and proceeded to roll behind him and attack his butt. He got caught in a loop of only using that attack for some reason, so his movements became very predictable. Kind of cheap of the game to just dump you down there, though. Not that it matters since if you fight him right you won't get hit at all.
#6ultimatedantePosted 2/6/2013 3:28:14 PM
Kamaleet on NG+ will become your buddy for life :)
---
"Though I encourage to Battle a being of such grand delusion as you is a sweet fortune"
"This party is getting crazy"