Whack-A-Soul (Dual Smough's Hammers Build)

#1d3dsightPosted 2/7/2013 11:17:24 AM
http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=269974420625780431

58 STR to 1-hand Smough's Hammer(s). 10 DEX so I can use a lot of other strength weapons when this gets boring after 5 minutes. 50 VIT. Put the remaining points into END. Ghost blade used to parry. Jagged Ghost Blade used for lolcartwheels with toward+R1. Armor is Fashion Souls, with the only requirements being midroll and 31 poise. Accomplishing this at exactly 50% equip burden made me feel super warm and hella fuzzy.

I can't wait to make this build. Losing at PvP will be even more fun than usual.
#2aneed4peedPosted 2/7/2013 11:22:27 AM(edited)
You can do so much better armour wise. With the right setup, you can save 2-3 points as well as boost your poise by 5-6 points AND you can do this whilst walking the lordran catwalk.
---
a knock, a thud, a tiny...zwoosh, where?
Please, call me Aneed [http://i.imgur.com/DDzaw.jpg]
#3dozingdevilPosted 2/7/2013 11:23:59 AM
I came accross a guy in Sen's fortress the other day named skulla8- or something like that dual wielding smough's hammers

it was amazing.
---
PSN: Swordsaintscoot
#4d3dsight(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 11:36:10 AM
aneed4peed posted...
You can do so much better armour wise. With the right setup, you can save 2-3 points as well as boost your poise by 5-6 points AND you can do this whilst walking the lordran catwalk.

For some reason I really like having exactly 50%. What is the point of having a little bit more poise if it doesn't get you to the next "breakpoint"? Does it affect how quickly the "meter" builds back up? I don't think I really understand poise.
#5dozingdevilPosted 2/7/2013 11:49:34 AM
d3dsight posted...
aneed4peed posted...

For some reason I really like having exactly 50%. What is the point of having a little bit more poise if it doesn't get you to the next "breakpoint"? Does it affect how quickly the "meter" builds back up? I don't think I really understand poise.

1 handed greatswords breakpoint is 36.
---
PSN: Swordsaintscoot