Sign here if you support eazy mode for the next souls game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#11brother_sootiePosted 2/7/2013 2:43:15 PM(edited)
No. I think it is already easy enough. Why make it easier?
---
#12ChaoticKnucklesPosted 2/7/2013 2:42:55 PM
Ninjamaster07 posted...
An easier difficulty would skew online experience. Can you only play with people on easy mode? If so that divides the servers, If not, how would that work? The guy not on easy just wants some jolly adventuring but now he has to fight an easier boss than he would like. Or what about gear? Do you get the same gear? If i want to focus on pvp whats stopping me from just doing easy mode since its the same stuff

you can disagree if you want but people like rewards, and if theres an easier way of getting something people are just gonna do it. Takes the fun out of it

Honestly the nature of extra difficulty settings just wouldnt mesh with dark souls.

I don't think it would skew online experience other than to put all the serious PvP people in one area and all the people who either don't care about PvP or just want to play co-op in another. And who cares if other players want to go about it the easy way? How does that have a negative effect on your gameplay experience?
---
I boosted some of my trophies. Please, judge me about it.
#13nickizgr8Posted 2/7/2013 2:43:36 PM
They should just implement the world tendency and character tendency again. But make it so if you die the game gets slightly easier instead of harder.

TBH I find Dark souls alot easier than Demon's souls. In demon's souls you possible had a long way to travel from a archstone if you died. With dark souls bonfires are littered around the place so it's not as bad.
#14Deified_DataPosted 2/7/2013 2:44:53 PM
Ninjamaster07 posted...
An easier difficulty would skew online experience. Can you only play with people on easy mode? If so that divides the servers, If not, how would that work? The guy not on easy just wants some jolly adventuring but now he has to fight an easier boss than he would like. Or what about gear? Do you get the same gear? If i want to focus on pvp whats stopping me from just doing easy mode since its the same stuff

you can disagree if you want but people like rewards, and if theres an easier way of getting something people are just gonna do it. Takes the fun out of it

Honestly the nature of extra difficulty settings just wouldnt mesh with dark souls.

I think the only conceivable way would be to make easy mode gimped somehow - you're right, online wouldn't work so no co-op. Definitely no pvp. Maybe an increased amount of NPC summon signs to make up for that.

You shouldn't be able to set the game on easy, get the best end-game gear, then put it back on "normal" so you can enjoy the online without having actually worked for any of it. Once you decide to play the game on easy, you should be locked into that difficulty until you beat it. I'm not sure what'd be better - requiring one to start a new save file, or allowing one to move into NG+ (normal NG+, there'd be no "easy" version). I think that sounds fair.
#15haarlem1982Posted 2/7/2013 2:52:56 PM
Deified_Data posted...
Ninjamaster07 posted...

I think the only conceivable way would be to make easy mode gimped somehow - you're right, online wouldn't work so no co-op. Definitely no pvp. Maybe an increased amount of NPC summon signs to make up for that.

You shouldn't be able to set the game on easy, get the best end-game gear, then put it back on "normal" so you can enjoy the online without having actually worked for any of it. Once you decide to play the game on easy, you should be locked into that difficulty until you beat it. I'm not sure what'd be better - requiring one to start a new save file, or allowing one to move into NG+ (normal NG+, there'd be no "easy" version). I think that sounds fair.

No, it wouldn't, you would still have the 'end-game gear without working for it' problem, once you put your file on easy, it stays on easy, or there simply is no NG+.

I wouldn't mind if they put in an easy mode, well not really if it attracts new players that were too scared to put up 60 bucks for a game that they know is too hard without even trying it. That way they might see that it actually is very fair, and might be persuaded to even buy the older souls games.
---
You need people like me so you can point your f***ing fingers, and say: that's the bad guy.
psn demonchild82, MILFeaterManfred
#16Deified_DataPosted 2/7/2013 3:01:05 PM
haarlem1982 posted...
No, it wouldn't, you would still have the 'end-game gear without working for it' problem, once you put your file on easy, it stays on easy, or there simply is no NG+.

I wouldn't mind if they put in an easy mode, well not really if it attracts new players that were too scared to put up 60 bucks for a game that they know is too hard without even trying it. That way they might see that it actually is very fair, and might be persuaded to even buy the older souls games.

I guess then the issue becomes whether or not we should care if they had to "work" for the gear or not. I wouldn't want them changing difficulties like that in a single playthrough because I wouldn't want them using that gear against people who haven't had the same opportunities. It's different in NG+, though - everyone's already been through the same game and had all the same opportunities, so it levels the playing field. Really, those easy players moving on to NG+ would be at a distinct disadvantage if they couldn't adapt to the true difficulty.
#17mychocoboscoolPosted 2/7/2013 3:02:27 PM
Dark Souls 2: BP Deluxe Casual Edition cover w Mask of Father and the rest Giants. 80/80 would pre-order
---
"Nothing is impossible" is a false quote because then something that is impossible is impossible.
PSN: Pack_517
#18justinandrade45Posted 2/7/2013 4:05:36 PM
It's not about just letting Dark Souls getting an easy mode, its what Dark Souls stands for. Dark Souls and Demon Souls were the first games of its kind, both being very difficult, I'm tired of games being really easy and babying you, the difficulty is there because after you beat a really hard boss,enemy or level you feel like you really happy and rewarded and that's a feeling a haven't felt in games ever. So if you want to be a wuss and play on easy mode fine do it,just know your destroying what this game stood for and your destroying that its difficulty makes it a very rewarding game,its not all about sales numbers...
#19kraze42Posted 2/7/2013 4:21:22 PM
Better gear available on higher difficulties.
---
PSN: kraze42
#20ScarletStriderPosted 2/7/2013 4:29:46 PM
Gonna keep this reply short but I personally don't want an easy mode.

If new players, even casual or bad players play the game on easy mode, they'll get through it in 20 hrs or whatever and forget about it like the hundreds of other mediocre RPG's out there.
The reason Dark Souls is what it is is because it leaves an impression on nearly EVERYONE who's played, even if they barely played much of it and gave up.
I know plenty of people who didn't get passed half of the game because of the 'difficulty' but still admit it was a good game and something totally different.

You could call it a notorious game, and it will be remembered.
---
PSN: Tensa_Strider
XBL/GFWL: TStr1derT