ill never enjoy any combat/gameplay ever again because ill always compare to dks

#1itrainpokemonPosted 2/7/2013 2:47:10 PM
I think this game is arguably the best sword/midevil/magic game of all time in terms of combat mechanics and stuff.

The pvp would be perfect if it werent for some annoying stuff.

I still LOVE the pvp but yeah it has some annoying stuff and some OP stuff.

But yeah skyrim,witcher2 and other midevil sword games just feel so weak because of how amazing and intense dark souls was.
---
GT- sufinomo
dark souls
#2Kyuubi4269Posted 2/7/2013 2:49:13 PM
Chivalry.

Go play it.
---
If your shop is getting shot by an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get an arrow in the knee.
PSN: Lord_of_Cinders
#3zyrax2301Posted 2/7/2013 2:49:15 PM
I think it's her weight.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#4Deified_DataPosted 2/7/2013 2:54:43 PM
The Souls series is definitely the premier melee combat sim, I agree.

That said, I still appreciate other games on different levels. Games like Skyrim offer a unique roleplaying experience not found in the Souls games, even if the combat leaves something to be desired. If I'm playing Skyrim I'm not doing it for the combat, but the sense of freedom and adventure.
#5Kyuubi4269Posted 2/7/2013 3:02:30 PM
Deified_Data posted...

That said, I still appreciate other games on different levels. Games like Skyrim offer a unique roleplaying experience not found in the Souls games, even if the combat leaves something to be desired. If I'm playing Skyrim I'm not doing it for the combat, but the sense of freedom and adventure.

Dark Souls has more RP freedom as you're technically a silent protagonist except Y/N represents a positive or negative response which you don't hear but could be anything rather than Elder Scrolls set responses.
---
If your shop is getting shot by an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get an arrow in the knee.
#6Deified_DataPosted 2/7/2013 3:05:26 PM
Kyuubi4269 posted...
Deified_Data posted...

Dark Souls has more RP freedom as you're technically a silent protagonist except Y/N represents a positive or negative response which you don't hear but could be anything rather than Elder Scrolls set responses.

Eh, I disagree. If you want to be literal about how a character expresses themselves via dialogue choices the game provides the DS protagonist would never say anything other than "Yes", "No", and "Ugggnnh". They're two very different games that barely warrant comparison.
#7Kyuubi4269Posted 2/7/2013 3:07:22 PM
But he doesn't say YES/NO, he's grammatically and situationally correct.
---
#8MrSmi7hPosted 2/7/2013 4:11:01 PM
You can also try:

Dragon's dogma.

Monster hunter.

Blade.
---
My Murakumo duel vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=and0qFN4cpI
#9OmegaShinkaiPosted 2/7/2013 4:14:10 PM
The Souls series is definitely the premier melee combat sim

Oh, you!
---