ill never enjoy any combat/gameplay ever again because ill always compare to dks

#21kalos990Posted 2/8/2013 1:52:02 PM
I have a buddy that argues with me that the dark souls combat falls horribly short and skyrim's combat is much better, all of my rage when he couldnt even beat the tower knight in Demons souls, and thinks he fully understands the combat in the souls series.
---
PSN: Kalos999
Metal: Turn it up, or turn it off
#22moodyjm2Posted 2/8/2013 2:57:08 PM(edited)
Bayonetta may have some of the slickest combat around - but it's more Ninja Gaiden/ MGR:Reveange than RPG. There's really no comparison.

That game as a whole is so nonsensical, so ridiculously over the top, so...just...******* weird, that it doesn't even compare to Dark Souls in terms of overall enjoyment for me.
---
GT: DragonSoundxSG
Official Moonlight Greatsword of the Dark Souls Board
#23VidmorPosted 2/8/2013 6:31:37 PM
I do like the game and I think the combat is probably the best around, but I'll never stop being wholly aggravated by the poor net code, magic spamming, and bs fishing. It's a great system unless one side of the battle decides it's time to bring the cheeze.
#24BlocktopusPosted 2/8/2013 6:34:40 PM
Kyuubi4269 posted...
Chivalry.

Go play it.

That game has terrible, terrible, awful combat. It sucks terribly.
---
http://i.imgur.com/cuYAp.gif
ign toki
#25GodsPoisonPosted 2/8/2013 8:17:59 PM
I think what i hate about Skyrim and Oblivions combat is that your swings have no "Weight" to them, like all your weapons are made of sharpened styrofoam. Souls weapons have weight that really makes every swing count as the heavier weapons have large recovery windows after swings.
#26Chao_YunPosted 2/8/2013 10:14:59 PM(edited)
L2 and R2 are attacks in an unpausible game? Yet the triangle is used to two-hand weapons? The game is good, but the controls are crappy. No jump button. Just screws the roll, and you like that? Dragon's Dogma is much more fluid. I still think this is the better game, but mostly because of the challenge. Never put anything on R3 please. In the heat of battle, I will crush it as I move. Mappable controls (hello pointers!) would be nice and easy.
---
Forest trees are greener.
#27DignatoReRaisedPosted 2/9/2013 11:00:53 AM
The topic line is how I feel about Monster Hunter.

What a thrill.
---
PSN: DignatoRR || Pawn: Skarid - Ranger - Level 30 and rising
#28HolyGravePosted 2/9/2013 11:02:47 AM
Chao_Yun posted...
L2 and R2 are attacks in an unpausible game? Yet the triangle is used to two-hand weapons? The game is good, but the controls are crappy. No jump button. Just screws the roll, and you like that? Dragon's Dogma is much more fluid. I still think this is the better game, but mostly because of the challenge. Never put anything on R3 please. In the heat of battle, I will crush it as I move. Mappable controls (hello pointers!) would be nice and easy.

DD's combat is't better than dark souls. The only combat that comes close is KOA:R.
---
http://imgur.com/8F0jB
August burns red and the ghost inside <3
#29Chao_YunPosted 2/9/2013 11:57:21 AM(edited)
HolyGrave posted...
Chao_Yun posted...

DD's combat is't better than dark souls. The only combat that comes close is KOA:R.

Don't ever set your controller down. I killed the first NPC you meet that way. Really nice game design, that. And you like that jump and roll are together? Please, even Dynasty Warriors is better.
---
Forest trees are greener.
#30GreenKnight127Posted 2/9/2013 11:19:47 AM
Dragon's Dogma is a steaming pile of dog poop compared to Demon's Souls and Dark Souls.

Dragon's Dogma is a jittery mess of muddy colors, glitches, and twitchy gameplay.

There is something aesthetically upsetting about Dragon's Dogma. Something about the framerate, the way things move. I can't quite explain it.

Demon's Souls and Dark Souls have a pleasing smoothness about them. The character animations and the world seem so alive. Playing Dark Souls for several hours, and then trying to play Dragon's Dogma is the most painful experience ever.

What's that other terrible game everyone suggests when I tell them I like games such as Dark Souls?...Ah yes. Dragon Age Origins.

*falls over violently vomiting*

Everything about that game is terrible.
---
Cheetah Yee-HT Skip-OT no tso-p tsum ooh sen-o eht era s11ort Tenner-ettni laer eht.