What's the term for turning your back to opponent and using God's Wrath

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. What's the term for turning your back to opponent and using God's Wrath
2 years ago#1
so that it goes through a blocking shield? It's kinda like a crossover attack in Street Fighter in that you have to block in the opposite direction to safely block it. What's the term used to refer to that technique?
---
Signatures are dumb.
2 years ago#2
Dead angling.
2 years ago#3
Fart.
---
My Murakumo duel vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=and0qFN4cpI
2 years ago#4
Ah I see, "Dead Angle WoG" then. Here's to better programming in Dark Souls 2.
---
Signatures are dumb.
2 years ago#5
laserbears posted...
Ah I see, "Dead Angle WoG" then. Here's to better programming in Dark Souls 2.

I hope they stay in DS2. WoG, even if cancelled, is somewhat easy to punish if you time the i-frames of your roll right. And dead-angling weapon hits is pretty hard to do.

They are awesome. And, just like toggle-escape, I hope they stay.
2 years ago#6
Regular dead angle attacks are awesome and can stay because visually they make some sense. The physics of an about-face dead angle WoG from the front is straight-up bizarre in that it functionally causes a force wave to inexplicably move inwards from behind the caster's opponent rather than outwards from the caster. Dead-angle WoGs are therefore not awesome and need to go.

Plus, saying that it should be left un-corrected because it's easy to deal with only serves to underscore the fact that it is aberent to begin with.
---
Signatures are dumb.
2 years ago#7
Eh, I think it could stay. It has a tell (even more obvious than a regular WotG), can be dodged, and adds some more depth to the combat.
---
If you build your shop in front of an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get shot by an arrow.
2 years ago#8
It makes wog>bs easier as well. You will see it pull people towards you making it easier to get to their back.
---
PSN:ALLHAILHK
A little effort here and there will serve you well, princess.
2 years ago#9
Interesting features > realism
2 years ago#10
Well with the amount of WoG spammers out there, the latency and pure luck can generally land a hit or two, regardless of well timed rolls. I don't think there needs to be an additional window for brainless AoE attacks to land.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. What's the term for turning your back to opponent and using God's Wrath

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived