What's the term for turning your back to opponent and using God's Wrath

#1laserbearsPosted 2/8/2013 12:52:39 AM
so that it goes through a blocking shield? It's kinda like a crossover attack in Street Fighter in that you have to block in the opposite direction to safely block it. What's the term used to refer to that technique?
---
Signatures are dumb.
#2tlnPosted 2/8/2013 12:53:48 AM
Dead angling.
#3MrSmi7hPosted 2/8/2013 12:55:23 AM
Fart.
---
My Murakumo duel vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=and0qFN4cpI
#4laserbears(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 1:16:06 AM
Ah I see, "Dead Angle WoG" then. Here's to better programming in Dark Souls 2.
---
Signatures are dumb.
#5ahrelocoPosted 2/8/2013 1:19:25 AM
laserbears posted...
Ah I see, "Dead Angle WoG" then. Here's to better programming in Dark Souls 2.

I hope they stay in DS2. WoG, even if cancelled, is somewhat easy to punish if you time the i-frames of your roll right. And dead-angling weapon hits is pretty hard to do.

They are awesome. And, just like toggle-escape, I hope they stay.
#6laserbears(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 1:55:00 AM
Regular dead angle attacks are awesome and can stay because visually they make some sense. The physics of an about-face dead angle WoG from the front is straight-up bizarre in that it functionally causes a force wave to inexplicably move inwards from behind the caster's opponent rather than outwards from the caster. Dead-angle WoGs are therefore not awesome and need to go.

Plus, saying that it should be left un-corrected because it's easy to deal with only serves to underscore the fact that it is aberent to begin with.
---
Signatures are dumb.
#7Cvdf3Posted 2/8/2013 2:39:50 AM
Eh, I think it could stay. It has a tell (even more obvious than a regular WotG), can be dodged, and adds some more depth to the combat.
---
If you build your shop in front of an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get shot by an arrow.
#8szathmabPosted 2/8/2013 4:50:08 AM
It makes wog>bs easier as well. You will see it pull people towards you making it easier to get to their back.
---
PSN:ALLHAILHK
A little effort here and there will serve you well, princess.
#9Parsl5kPosted 2/8/2013 6:14:40 AM
Interesting features > realism
#10VidmorPosted 2/8/2013 6:26:22 AM
Well with the amount of WoG spammers out there, the latency and pure luck can generally land a hit or two, regardless of well timed rolls. I don't think there needs to be an additional window for brainless AoE attacks to land.