The GameFAQs Dark Souls PS3 board grand pvp tournament

#51haarlem1982(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 4:30:12 AM
HolyGrave posted...
Thanks again haarlem :D

You're welcome

liampancakes posted...
"no bs fishing" is too vague. if someone lands all of their damage with roll bs but throws a few token out of range R1s in between are they fishing or not?

Good point, I hadn't considered that. We could combine that with jumpplane's idea to make the host a referee, and if one player calls constant rollbs-ing fishing, or the host considers it fishing he could call out on the rollbs-er.

Maybe the ref could void the round in that case. Opinions?
---
You need people like me so you can point your f***ing fingers, and say: that's the bad guy.
psn demonchild82, MILFeaterManfred
#52AtrabiliousPosted 2/9/2013 8:58:56 AM(edited)
BS fishing shuts down poor play. If you get rumbled by BS fish its because you A. Aren't competent in counter BSing or B. Are playing and spacing badly. Fishing is easy to deal with, and it should always be a threat since it deters sloppy play.

I don't see why players should be penalised on the basis of 'you shouldn't be allowed to wreck the other person for playing poorly'. I would be hesitant to ban the Hornet Ring either considering the nerf to crit damage and the nerf to the ring itself.

Also, define chain stabs. Only back stab to back stab, or any knock down to back stab, stun to backstab? Etc.
---
| Xbox 360: Atrabilious/ClassiestFiddle/Phantom Ostrava | PS3: Jazzy_Bones |
Rent my Dragon's Dogma pawns on my Xbox GT's.
#53WATAUGACJPosted 2/9/2013 8:56:12 AM
Atrabilious posted...
BS fishing shuts down poor play. If you get rumbled by BS fish its because you A. Aren't competent in counter BSing or B. Are playing and spacing badly.

I don't see why players should be penalised on the basis of 'you shouldn't be allowed to wreck the other person for playing poorly'. I would be hesitant to ban the Hornet Ring either considering the nerf to crit damage and the nerf to the ring itself.

Also, define chain stabs. Only back stab to back stab, or any knock down to back stab, stun to backstab? Etc.

^This guy gets it.
---
PSN: WATAUGACJ, DomhnallOfZena
#54haarlem1982(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 9:14:04 AM
Atrabilious posted...
BS fishing shuts down poor play. If you get rumbled by BS fish its because you A. Aren't competent in counter BSing or B. Are playing and spacing badly. Fishing is easy to deal with, and it should always be a threat since it deters sloppy play.

Point taken, but I would disallow fishing because IMO it's just a boring way to play, it's not like bs-s are banned or anything.

As for chainstabs, stun to bs isn't chaining, knock down to bs, kind of a grey area if you ask me, so that would just leave bs to bs as chainstabbing.

@ WATAUGACJ

Please read the pm I sent you earlier today :p
---
You need people like me so you can point your f***ing fingers, and say: that's the bad guy.
#55seyyjJPosted 2/9/2013 10:52:41 AM
haarlem1982 posted...
Atrabilious posted...

Point taken, but I would disallow fishing because IMO it's just a boring way to play, it's not like bs-s are banned or anything.

As for chainstabs, stun to bs isn't chaining, knock down to bs, kind of a grey area if you ask me, so that would just leave bs to bs as chainstabbing.

@ WATAUGACJ

Please read the pm I sent you earlier today :p

I'd allow fishing bs and chainbs since you can counter fishing and escape chaining. Then it's a matter of skill you know. Also about Hornet Ring, I'd rather ban it. You can BS just fine without it.

I don't see why players should be penalised on the basis of 'you shouldn't be allowed to wreck the other person for playing poorly'.

Exactly.
#56ZemurysPosted 2/9/2013 11:31:07 AM
Are there any restrictions, or is it an 'anything goes' tournament ?
#57haarlem1982(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 12:03:19 PM(edited)
Zemurys posted...
Are there any restrictions, or is it an 'anything goes' tournament ?

Well, the bs fishing, bs chaining and hornet ring yes or no debate is still going. twop is banned, for the rest, as it is now, is anything goes.

I will finilize the ruleset tomorrow.

EDIT: forgot no healing
---
#58dthomas125Posted 2/9/2013 12:30:02 PM
I think you should allow the hornet ring. I never use it, but IMHO the hornet ring after nerf only enhances BS's it doesn't make them OP. If you ask me it could be argued that the DWGR also enhances BS's (roll BS's) so if you are going to allow one you should allow the other.

Just my opinion, like I said I never use it, but I understand how some builds require it.

As for the BS fishing I say allow it as well. First of all like stated above it's very easily counter-able (other than severe latency issues). Also, there is a very fine line of what could be considered BS fishing. For example, if someone is parrying too much, I'm going to circle BS them, some may consider that "fishing" you know.

I would say ban BS to BS chaining, yes it can be avoided, but for me it's like a 40-60 or 50-50 proposition. Others may be better at avoiding them, but they are still cheap IMO.
---
PSN - dthomas125 - "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave." - Elmer Davis
#59YuenkuPosted 2/9/2013 12:49:34 PM
The Hornet Ring would simply encourage its user to focus primarily on backstabbing.

I'd say ban it.
---
~**Lolicon Pride**~
#60dthomas125Posted 2/9/2013 12:57:39 PM
Yuenku posted...
The Hornet Ring would simply encourage its user to focus primarily on backstabbing.

I'd say ban it.

Couldn't one argue that the DWGR would encourage its user to focus primarily on roll backstabbing?
---
PSN - dthomas125 - "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave." - Elmer Davis