Pyromancy for a certain boss fight (spoilers)

#1chevalianknightPosted 2/8/2013 2:06:19 PM
I am getting annihilated by Ornstein and Simough. I have managed to do significant damage to the Dragon Slayer but being walloped by the other guy. I have teleported back to Sen's Fortress. I think I need to start training in Pyromancy and then find my way back to the top.
---
A true knight, will forsake egoism and humiliate oneself with knighthood.
Its only when weve lost everything, then we are free to do anything.--Tyler Durden
#2d3dsightPosted 2/8/2013 2:07:42 PM
You'll hear Smough's laugh in your dreams.
#3chevalianknight(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 2:31:34 PM
Any good strategies to beat them? I know that I am able to search topics and do other things for information.
---
Its only when weve lost everything, then we are free to do anything.--Tyler Durden
#4ozdude182Posted 2/8/2013 2:34:18 PM
summon help to take their focus off you. either be strong enough to tank and block damage or fast on ur feet and dodge the fatty.
---
Kicking Ass Taking Names
#5meralonnePosted 2/8/2013 2:34:26 PM
'Tis true that they no likey pyro.
---
"Sigs are for dorks."-- my wife
#6d3dsightPosted 2/8/2013 2:35:55 PM
chevalianknight posted...
Any good strategies to beat them? I know that I am able to search topics and do other things for information.

A good general tip is to use the broken pillars as cover. Works well regardless of what weapons/playstyle you're using.
#7chevalianknight(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 2:47:01 PM
Thank you. The pillar strategy seems to be working. I slaughtered Onstein. I got killed by Smough because I tried to snipe him with my arrows. I am going to try again.
---
#8chevalianknight(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 2:57:44 PM
Smough's rushing hammer attack...how do you roll out of the way or successfully dodge the attack?
---
#9chevalianknight(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 3:10:08 PM
I defeated both of them...thank you so much for your help. The pillar strategy is genius. I kept a safe distance, having my shield up at all times. I kept striking once, using the reach of the halberd, backing up and blocking all of his shots. When he did his thunderous belly flop, I immediately back up. I kept striking him as he tried to stand up straight.
---
#10Dark_StormerPosted 2/8/2013 3:19:43 PM
Dragonhead4lifebruh