Should I play Demon Souls 1st?

#1Dragonspawn1319Posted 2/8/2013 2:48:43 PM(edited)
I searched but couldn't find one of these topics. I picked dark souls up the other day, and was just wondering if I'd benefit from playing its predecessor before starting it. Mostly wondering if there are things in the plot I might not understand.
#2pnm537Posted 2/8/2013 3:03:40 PM
You don't have to play Demon's first, but I played Dark first and was kinda disappointed in Demon's...

It's a fantastic game, but Dark seems more polished.
---
I think I'm gonna be sick and it's your fault...
PSN: pnm
#3Deified_DataPosted 2/8/2013 3:12:45 PM
The two plots aren't connected, so you're missing nothing except a couple cameos.
#4Commander_GreilPosted 2/8/2013 3:16:54 PM
I love Demon's Souls. I think you should, but there is no NEED to play it first.
---
CP:Ni No Kuni(PS3), Fire Emblem 12
OFWGKTA Golf Wang Free Earl
#5MeLikeyPiePosted 2/8/2013 3:18:40 PM
Commander_Greil posted...
I love Demon's Souls. I think you should, but there is no NEED to play it first.

FIRE EMBLEM USER NAME WOOO.
On a more related note, I'd suggest you play Demon Souls first just because it was the first game. -shrug-
---
Here I come, King of Heroes! Do you have enough weapons at your disposal? - Emiya Shirou
#6SSJPabsPosted 2/8/2013 3:21:46 PM
Agreed. Picked up Demon's Souls on PSN and wished I'd played it first just because of the game mechanics.
---
I used to have an account in 2002, but Gamefaqs ate it.
#7cronotisPosted 2/8/2013 7:02:35 PM
Well the online population is sparse in Demon's these days so you may find that aspect of the game to be a bit of a let down if you play it first.

That said, if you enjoy one of them you'll likely enjoy the other regardless of the order in which you play them.
---
PSN Cronotis