Should I play Demon Souls 1st?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Should I play Demon Souls 1st?

User Info: Dragonspawn1319

Dragonspawn1319
4 years ago#1
I searched but couldn't find one of these topics. I picked dark souls up the other day, and was just wondering if I'd benefit from playing its predecessor before starting it. Mostly wondering if there are things in the plot I might not understand.

User Info: pnm537

pnm537
4 years ago#2
You don't have to play Demon's first, but I played Dark first and was kinda disappointed in Demon's...

It's a fantastic game, but Dark seems more polished.
I think I'm gonna be sick and it's your fault...
PSN: pnm

User Info: Deified_Data

Deified_Data
4 years ago#3
The two plots aren't connected, so you're missing nothing except a couple cameos.

User Info: Commander_Greil

Commander_Greil
4 years ago#4
I love Demon's Souls. I think you should, but there is no NEED to play it first.
CP:Ni No Kuni(PS3), Fire Emblem 12
OFWGKTA Golf Wang Free Earl

User Info: MeLikeyPie

MeLikeyPie
4 years ago#5
Commander_Greil posted...
I love Demon's Souls. I think you should, but there is no NEED to play it first.

FIRE EMBLEM USER NAME WOOO.
On a more related note, I'd suggest you play Demon Souls first just because it was the first game. -shrug-
Here I come, King of Heroes! Do you have enough weapons at your disposal? - Emiya Shirou

User Info: SSJPabs

SSJPabs
4 years ago#6
Agreed. Picked up Demon's Souls on PSN and wished I'd played it first just because of the game mechanics.
I used to have an account in 2002, but Gamefaqs ate it.

User Info: cronotis

cronotis
4 years ago#7
Well the online population is sparse in Demon's these days so you may find that aspect of the game to be a bit of a let down if you play it first.

That said, if you enjoy one of them you'll likely enjoy the other regardless of the order in which you play them.
PSN Cronotis
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Should I play Demon Souls 1st?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived