SL1 Run Complete!

#1ShadowrulerPosted 2/8/2013 9:27:57 PM(edited)
First of all, to get the 'pics or it didn't happen', 'you're lying' etc out of the way:

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/7343/img20130209000050.jpg

Darkwraith covenant was purely for Dark Hand use on NPCs for quick humanity gain - in turn used for grinding and titanite drops.

Definitely one of the more intense challenges I've undertaken in a videogame. I know I could have gimped myself even further, but I'm not claiming to be a pro at this game. I just wanted to see if I could do it. It took me a week and a half and 40 hours -ish to finish it. (Work gets in the way of gaming)

Bosses that can go to hell after this run:

Capra Demon - Obvious reasons. **** those dogs.

Stray Demon - AoE spamming bastard. This was a OHKO if I didn't have full stamina to withstand the blast.

Bed of Chaos(!!!) - This boss mainly because of the route I chose to take to get to it. I used the Chaos Covenant shortcut to avoid Demon Ruins bosses, which was great for that but... it was a quite a hike each time I died from that bonfire outside of firesage's bossroom, through the shortcut, across the bridge past the titanite demon, and finally to BoC fog. There is zero margin for error with this pile of crap boss. Everything is a one shot kill.

For O&S I summoned Solaire, so they weren't too bad, that's why they didn't make the list.

All other bosses didn't honestly give me much trouble. I was sporting an ascended pyro flame +5 for a vast majority of the playthrough, and Great Combustion/ Great Fireball destroys most bosses that aren't fire resistant (Sif and Seath especially were laughably easy)

This was my gear setup:

Weapons: Divine Hand Axe +7, Fire Hand Axe +8, Lightning Hand Axe +4

Shields: Grass Crest+14, Spider Shield +12, Dragon Crest +5,Crest +5

Armor: Crown of Dusk, Leather/Black Leather Armor +9, Elite Knight Gauntlets +9, Hollow Soldier Waist Cloth +9

Rings: FaP and mainly Bellowing Dragoncrest, occasionally swapped for Steel Protection in some areas I was tired of getting OHKO'd in. Also Poison Bite for Blighttown.

Contrary to popular belief, I do not plan on using this character for 'griefing the Burg', I'm hanging up the gloves for this one. It's back to normal characters and actually being allowed to level again :P
---
Soldier Gamer - PSN: orbajo
#2Chao_YunPosted 2/8/2013 9:28:15 PM
Grats!
---
Forest trees are greener.
#3GrimazePosted 2/8/2013 9:34:54 PM
cool story bro

trollface.jpg

nah, congrats i know i would have thrown my controller through the window attempting this
---
RAP GAME CHARLIE KELLY
i'm 20/20 with that .30-30 to keep it 100
#4TropicalwoodPosted 2/8/2013 10:33:01 PM(edited)
You should go for a NG+ run like I did.

Four Kings will just murder you.
---
PSN: Tropicalwood (Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Solaire Fighter Lvl 101) http://i.imgur.com/yOA5MSQ.jpg
#5Shadowruler(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 11:28:05 PM
I'm not deleting the save for the character, I'm just taking a break for a round or two, haha. I want to do the DLC with a regular character, wasn't brave enough to try it blind with a SL1. But I have a feeling I will go back to this character and try NG+ eventually.
---
Soldier Gamer - PSN: orbajo
#6TropicalwoodPosted 2/9/2013 12:12:36 AM
Shadowruler posted...
I want to do the DLC with a regular character, wasn't brave enough to try it blind with a SL1.

It's funny because I did the DLC blind with my SL1 character.
---
PSN: Tropicalwood (Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Solaire Fighter Lvl 101) http://i.imgur.com/yOA5MSQ.jpg
#7altrichPosted 2/9/2013 1:18:40 AM
Congrats buddy!
---
total return swap against libor +165 bps. what do?
#8HolyGravePosted 2/9/2013 1:19:24 AM
Congrats dude, i can't make it past the four kings lol.
Anyway, are you going to invade noobs in the burg?
---
http://imgur.com/8F0jB
Alyn shir is hot.
#9ZenonDMAPosted 2/9/2013 3:17:52 AM
Prove it is your picture. Anyone can say "oh I did SL 1 run, here is totally a picture I did myself to prove you"

Also anyone can recreate that picture without having done a SL 1 run.
---
PSN: westcurry
DkS's only PvPer
#10Orochi_LedePosted 2/9/2013 3:44:55 AM
ZenonDMA posted...
Prove it is your picture. Anyone can say "oh I did SL 1 run, here is totally a picture I did myself to prove you"

Also anyone can recreate that picture without having done a SL 1 run.

Why, i'm pretty sure it's him, considering alot of people have done this SL 1 runs already in the past so it's not special. it's usually what people do when bored of the game. i don't think he has a reason to fake the link.
---
"I'm sorry squeeky, it's just a game, you got to get before you get got"