#11localizedfreedoPosted 2/9/2013 7:49:28 AM
Every shield is inefficient.
---
GT: ii Messatsu ii
CLAYMORE of the Dark Souls
#12WATAUGACJPosted 2/9/2013 7:54:48 AM
localizedfreedo posted...
Every shield is inefficient.

True, but its hard to setup parry with your fist lol.
---
PSN: WATAUGACJ, DomhnallOfZena
#13Walkman_005Posted 2/9/2013 8:03:02 AM
Silver knight shield with katanas.

Tower shield with spear.
#14LegendaryHatredPosted 2/9/2013 9:31:11 AM
Cronauron posted...
No shield most of the time. I go with two-handed weapons and use kiting, rolling, and counterattacks for defense.

---
Darkwraith Ranking Officer.
Spirit in Black Until The Journey's End.
#15HolyGravePosted 2/9/2013 9:42:28 AM
LegendaryHatred posted...
Cronauron posted...
No shield most of the time. I go with two-handed weapons and use kiting, rolling, and counterattacks for defense.

---
http://imgur.com/8F0jB
Alyn shir is hot.
#16GreenKnight127Posted 2/9/2013 9:43:41 AM
Crest shield.

I am always tempted to use the Grass Crest shield for the stamina regen buff (instead of having to waste a ring slot for Clothony ring, or my helmet for the stupid-looking mask of the child).......but that 95% damage absorption is a MAJOR turn-off. So I always go with Crest.

in PVP, I hate knowing that when I block an attack, it's still going to hurt me.

I want 100% damage absorption, no matter what.

Plus, I have a mage build, so Crest shield is about as heavy as I can wield anyway.

With my "tank" character, obviously, I'm going with Havel. That shield is beast.
---
Cheetah Yee-HT Skip-OT no tso-p tsum ooh sen-o eht era s11ort Tenner-ettni laer eht.
#17Chao_YunPosted 2/9/2013 9:44:00 AM
Iron shield. 100 percent physical, can deflect AND parry at 5 weight. Pretty good against fire, too. It's worth killing Shiva. Best against Kallameet, surprisingly. I think his breath is mostly physical.
---
Forest trees are greener.
#18Chao_YunPosted 2/9/2013 10:53:37 AM(edited)
LegendaryHatred posted...
Cronauron posted...

If you put the Grass Shield in your off-hand, you'll still get stamina regen when using a weapon with 2 hands. Also works with the Sanctus Shield for health regen.
---
Forest trees are greener.
#19Dealer-of-DoomPosted 2/9/2013 11:06:27 AM
I usually use buckler or target. But I've moved to duel weilding.

Two katanas is a challenge but viable. A sheild and a katana is too easy mode. But duel, it seems balanced... Once you have to dodge or parry- you'll get Better at both. I've set up parries with duel katanas and zero poise... So it can be done... Cause I ain't that good. You also get better at blind parries when you duel weild.

Oh- and I rarely two hand for the block effect. That's two handing, no duel weilding.

With my no sheild, no chest armor, two handed sword conan build I've successful bare handed parried before plenty of times. Just need to see if they're an r1 masher or not.

I also the parrying dagger and the rapier. But I hate rapiers in the right hand.

Before I went no sheild I was using a dark hand.

I've done the two bone sheilds before too. Wasn't fun for too long though... And people tend not to summon you too much when you look like a clown.
#20turtle225Posted 2/9/2013 12:24:17 PM
I usually try to pick a shield that looks good with my character, or fits some kind of roleplay. Sometimes its actually pretty difficult to find a good looking compliment.
---
,=,e