Just Finished my 1st playthrough, angry about DLC!

#1porkchopxpPosted 2/9/2013 7:30:26 AM
Just finished Dark Souls and loved it! I was thinking about playing the DLC until I just found out that the DLC can't be accessed at the beginning of new game+ :( As much as I loved the game there are too many new releases out/coming out to bother. When I was winding down to the end the game something told me I should check the requiements of the DLC but silly me, the game was so-well-thought-out that I assumed there would be no issue. Well, begrudgingly, they just lost out on my 8 bucks. Darn it, I knew I should have cloud-saved before I killed the final boss. Very disappointing . . .
#2IronticsDragonLPosted 2/9/2013 8:14:51 AM
porkchopxp posted...
Just finished Dark Souls and loved it! I was thinking about playing the DLC until I just found out that the DLC can't be accessed at the beginning of new game+ :( As much as I loved the game there are too many new releases out/coming out to bother. When I was winding down to the end the game something told me I should check the requiements of the DLC but silly me, the game was so-well-thought-out that I assumed there would be no issue. Well, begrudgingly, they just lost out on my 8 bucks. Darn it, I knew I should have cloud-saved before I killed the final boss. Very disappointing . . .

The DLC is availible when you get the lordvessal, why don't you use your current character to get to it?
---
I'm ballin, ballin, ballin, Jarl ballin, ballin, ballin, swag.
PSN: bradeli Steam: IronticsDragonLord Gamertag: AsternGoblin6
#3pro9b17Posted 2/9/2013 8:32:31 AM
If you just completed the game, why not access it now? If you want to do it for a new character, the enemies in the DLC are incredibly difficult if you are at a lower SL. They made it that way because by the time you can access the DLC, you will generally be at least at a soul level that gives you a fighting chance. Some of the enemies hit REALLY hard.
---
http://i.imgur.com/EFYRV.gif
#4pro9b17Posted 2/9/2013 8:33:52 AM
porkchopxp posted...

The DLC is availible when you get the lordvessal, why don't you use your current character to get to it?

When you get the Lord Vessel does that fog gate to Duke's Archives open up? I thought that only happens after you defeat the 4 Kings.
---
http://i.imgur.com/EFYRV.gif
#5MushdogPosted 2/9/2013 9:40:47 AM
No, they open up once you place the lord vessel. So if you go with Kaathe, you'd have to wait until you defeat the 4 kings, however you could do it earlier if you go with frampt, or just drop down to the altar from frampt.
---
The best offense is a good defense.
#6OzymandssssPosted 2/9/2013 10:43:03 AM
Two things about this: many people would say that if you dont play NG+ you are missing out on the real Dark Souls, and there is some merit to that. Sure, you saw the ending, but as you can tell from its brevity, the ending is not the point. Dark Souls is meant to be replayed on NG+, NG++ etc. A single play through is not the whole experience. Enemies get tougher, strategies have to change, and even your charactter build changes leading to a new experience the more you play.

Secondly, the DLC is pretty excellent. It features one or two of the best boss fights in the game, and also presents some interesting additions to the lore. You dont need to fight through the majority of the game to access it, just about 50% or so. I would say consider it before you move on to your next game.
#7HolyGravePosted 2/9/2013 10:51:40 AM
pro9b17 posted...
If you just completed the game, why not access it now? If you want to do it for a new character, the enemies in the DLC are incredibly difficult if you are at a lower SL. They made it that way because by the time you can access the DLC, you will generally be at least at a soul level that gives you a fighting chance. Some of the enemies hit REALLY hard.

---
http://imgur.com/8F0jB
August burns red and the ghost inside <3