Fun lesser used weapons and boss/tail weapons?

#1RazumPosted 2/9/2013 12:17:17 PM
Just as the topic title says. Want to start a new run but I want to use some different weapons this time around. A lot of the obscure weapons require odd stats, which makes it difficult to test weapons out across the board, even moreso when it comes to boss/tail weapons.

So, what are some fun weapons to use?
---
UMvC 3 Team:
Haggar/P.Wright/Spencer
#2Dealer-of-DoomPosted 2/9/2013 12:20:29 PM
I just started a gargoyle build run. Dual weilding gargoyle halberd and tail axe. Didn't get the sheild or the helmet in the Parrish though, so ill have to wait for Anor Londo and keep my fingers crossed and my humanity high.

I rarely see the gargoyle tail used.

Also he sanctuary guardian tail is rare. It poisons pretty readily... And is super poisonous if you buff it. With rotten resin it can poison people in one or two hits.
#3GixenPosted 2/9/2013 1:01:27 PM
I tried the Demonīs spear with my vit/end build and i loved it. People just donīt seem to realize its reach. Also a very good PvE weapon. 2-handed attack is just as fast as 1-handed.
#4Razum(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 1:08:05 PM
I've actually used the Demon's Spear already, was quite fun.

Guardian Tail has also been used, but the Gargoyle weapons haven't. Definitely a possibility.

Anyone else have suggestions?
---
UMvC 3 Team:
Haggar/P.Wright/Spencer
#5GixenPosted 2/9/2013 1:13:44 PM
Do a Hand Axe only playthrough. One of my absolute favorite weapons.
I can imagine that Smoughs Hammer is fun also but 58 str. req.
Other than that I donīt really know. Caestus?
#6Razum(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 1:28:47 PM
I've used a hand axe on a level 1 and played around with Smogh's Hammer on my buddies character.

Cestus isn't a bad thought. Maybe a dragon body/fist character.
---
UMvC 3 Team:
Haggar/P.Wright/Spencer