Being a host in township is stupid...

#11laserbearsPosted 2/10/2013 12:25:22 AM
My suggestion is that you continue to model the type of behavior you wish to see more of in this game. And try not to let the bad behavior done to you be an excuse to do the same to someone else.
---
Signatures are dumb.
#12the_NGWPosted 2/10/2013 12:38:12 AM
I miss when invasions in the Souls games were about hunting down the host as they tried to finish a level, and the invader used every bit of the area from traps to enemies to his advantage.
---
"Do you have the courage to ride with the devil?"
Now Watching: Kamen Rider Wizard, Kamen Rider OOO, Kamen Rider Ryuki
#13cody316Posted 2/10/2013 1:34:20 AM
^I still remember breaking the chains in the second level of latria and going up the stairs, just to lure the invader with the cutscene and get the drop on him.

But Dark Souls doesn't work like that because Dark Souls doesn't have definitive "levels". It has "zones" that are marked by bosses and bonfires. Which is a real shame if you ask me.
---
Current Dark Souls Build: Grave/Dex http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=270625079504875381
PSN: wdh316-=-=-=-=-=-Join the Cult of Cody's Hat Today!
#14HolyGravePosted 2/10/2013 1:57:00 AM
If i invade gankers, i run to the area with the area with the first bloated head, there is a wall right next to the main path where you can hide behind, and still see where the ost is.
Whe the host comes, i cast fire tempest, and wog when the come up.
Works 7/10 times.
---
http://imgur.com/8F0jB
August burns red and the ghost inside <3
#15VidmorPosted 2/10/2013 5:53:22 AM
Love-Wilcox posted...
Honor in Dark Souls ? LOL

Unless you're summoning don't expect anyone to play by your self imposed rules.

True story, brother. Dogs bark; cats meow; invaders kill hosts in any way possible.
#16kraze42Posted 2/10/2013 6:27:35 AM
the_NGW posted...
I miss when invasions in the Souls games were about hunting down the host as they tried to finish a level, and the invader used every bit of the area from traps to enemies to his advantage.

Sen's Fortress.
---
PSN: kraze42
#17TigressLion0330Posted 2/10/2013 6:36:07 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#18seyyjJPosted 2/10/2013 7:08:41 AM
>random invaders at Township
>no honor in dark souls anymore!

Okay :D
#19Dealer-of-DoomPosted 2/10/2013 7:46:18 AM
The solution is indeed to host somewhere else.
I always heal and wait. It's just a waste of time though.

The problem is that its a really really grea pvp area, but also a really really great random invasions area.

I hate the invaders that can't read what you're there for and act accordingly.

I actually don't mind the ones that run when they're in trouble. They'll rap and they'll be back. I hate the ones that invade and run right by you immediately into the lee and try to force a random invasion cat and mouse game out of it when they see you're standing there at the front for pvp. It's ridiculously common. Go somewhere thats completely understood as one or the other.

Catacombs is great for ransoms. Depths. Painted world has both and people seem to understand it.

Burg, is pvp. Moonlight butterfly. Kiln - but that's gank central. Demon ruins has both but people understand which you're there for.
#20PlanetsCollidePosted 2/10/2013 7:53:12 AM
I've had that happen a few times myself. Don't let it discourage you. Some of the coolest gamers I've ever met have been while playing Dark Souls!
---
Destroy Erase Improve