Is Dark Souls a gateway game?

#1SolidKnightPosted 2/10/2013 12:20:45 PM
Is Dark Souls a gateway game that can lead gamers to more hardcore games?
#2BombayNugzPosted 2/10/2013 12:23:40 PM
This is as hardcore as it gets brah.
---
Go Big Red 10-3 bruh
PSN: BOMBAYNUGZ420; Pawn: Faith
#3AuronDFPosted 2/10/2013 12:24:11 PM
Yes. It has been classified as a Schedule I controlled substance in the U.S.
---
"You said it yourself, Kain - there are only two sides to your coin..." -Raziel
http://implicateevolution.com
#4ZoosIVXXPosted 2/10/2013 12:56:22 PM
Well that depends on what really defines a hardcore game.
---
PSN:ZoosIVXX
#5Pizzaro11Posted 2/10/2013 1:45:30 PM
I used to play softcore games like Final Fantasy when I was younger, but that all changed when I got Demon Souls. I wish it had ended there, but Dark Souls came out and I played that too. Now all I do is power on my NES and play Contra with my eyes closed... The Souls games ruined my life.
---
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/boredlord-1289/hero/29647436
#6Mr_BankercatPosted 2/10/2013 5:29:23 PM(edited)
Pizzaro11 posted...
I used to play softcore games like Final Fantasy when I was younger, but that all changed when I got Demon Souls. I wish it had ended there, but Dark Souls came out and I played that too. Now all I do is power on my NES and play Contra with my eyes closed... The Souls games ruined my life.

Same, man. I was hooked on FarmVille and Cafe Panic, but then I popped this is and have been hooked. I've been importing obscure JRPGS I didn't even know existed, and speed running MGS games on European Extreme while upside down.
---
#7LegoTechnicPosted 2/10/2013 6:13:42 PM
It is a gateway game only in that you may feel completely unsastified with other games by result.
---
Bane even prayed for Dick when he became Batman. -- Frostbite_Zero
#8Chao_YunPosted 2/10/2013 7:53:12 PM
Mr_Bankercat posted...
Pizzaro11 posted...

Same, man. I was hooked on FarmVille and Cafe Panic, but then I popped this is and have been hooked. I've been importing obscure JRPGS I didn't even know existed, and speed running MGS games on European Extreme while upside down.
---

Back in the day, I could finish Contra on one man (spreadshot). Those days are over. I stick with softcore stuff as a rule, but this was a little nice wake me up.
---
Forest trees are greener.