Demons souls build in Dark Souls

#1HotMayoSandwichPosted 2/10/2013 2:46:07 PM
Hey folks,

I played the hell out of Demon's Souls. I got every trophy, played through the game at least six times and generally enjoyed it.

That is, I enjoyed it once I stumbled upon Ilkar's Faith Build (high Vit, End, Faith). Before that I tried every popular build, but none of them seemed to fit my play style.

I used a +5 Blessed Mirdan Hammer as my main weapon, and sometimes a Large Sword of Moonlight +5. For shields, I would mainly equip the adjuicators shield+5 and just leave it on my back in two handed mode (you still gain the HP regen effect). For magic defense I had a +5 Dark Silver Shield ready. I rocked the full set of Ancient King's Armor.

Basically, I'm looking for something similiar in Dark Souls. Not 100% similiar, but a combination of weapons and armor that go well together like my Demons Souls build. I'm about 1/4 through Dark Souls on a purely Strength/Vit build and I'm already itching to start over and "do it right" with a magic or faith build.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I've tried doing my homework on this, but I guess I just haven't found the right build yet.
---
X360, PSN, Apple Game Center, Steam: Hotmayosandwich
Wii: 7774 5180 1979 2689
#2HotMayoSandwich(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 4:15:15 PM
bump
---
#3GotRadsPosted 2/10/2013 4:32:44 PM
If you want a weapon that operates similarly to the Mirdan Hammer, go with the Halberd. The Large Sword of Moonlight is also in this game, named the Moonlight Greatsword, but it doesn't ignore shields and weighs the same as most of the other greatswords.

There are no shields that block 100/100 like the Dark Silver but the Crest Shield blocks 100/80, which is as good as it'll get as far as normal shields go.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/thelegendaryp
#4HotMayoSandwich(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 2:54:54 AM
Thanks for the info. Does the halbred do blunt damage instead of thrusting damage (like the hammer)? If not, is there a weapon that does? I really liked that about the hammer.. best of both worlds IMO.
---
#5Ryphis_DemeanorPosted 2/11/2013 3:11:35 PM
I always thought that Chester (from the DLC) was from the Demon's Souls world. The items he sells, his dialogue lines and the fact that he mentions he's from another world meant he was from Boleteria.

That said I'd go with Green Blossoms only for you green grass and heal spells only, drop that whole Estus flask thing. And fluted helm/Elite Knight helm is pretty much the cover of Demon's Souls.
#6Nilson6190Posted 2/11/2013 3:27:59 PM
If TC wants something like the miridan hammer shouldn't he pick up the Lucerne from the catacombs
#7GotRadsPosted 2/11/2013 3:38:16 PM
Nilson6190 posted...
If TC wants something like the miridan hammer shouldn't he pick up the Lucerne from the catacombs

The Lucerne looks like the Mirdan Hammer but the Halberd is the most similar in functionality.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/thelegendaryp
#8HotMayoSandwich(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 2:39:54 AM
Well, I liked the mirdian hammer because it was the best of blunt and polearm weapons in one. Long range, good in tight spaces, but hit like a mace or club.

I did some research and I don't see a weapon like that in this game, but I'm not giving up on halberds yet. I've been using one since before I rang the bells and I like the moveset.

As for armor, I guess that's just something I'm going to have to play with. So far there doesn't seem to be a universally accepted "best" armor like in Demons Souls.
---