DDS bad or good your opinion?

#11betwixt_roxas(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 7:30:19 PM
Morpheus51 posted...
Your grammar is abysmal, that's my opinion.

---
psn: betwixt_roxas
dark souls: soul level- 75 dss and ornstein set
#12betwixt_roxas(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 7:40:06 PM
sorry i am on my phone and i need to go through 3 menu panels just to get a comma although if you would be ever so kind please let the grammar nazi in you leave and come back when you learn manners. sorry if this came across as rough but your message was just not needed i asked for opinion on a weapon and you criticize my grammar.
---
#13Renegade109Posted 2/10/2013 7:41:24 PM(edited)
Not bad, just outclassed. At least at the SL100 - 125 range.

Split AR, 27/40 (Str/Dex) to optimise physical AR in two-hand grip only, 10 weight.

SKS - 16/40 (Str/Dex) to optimise AR, 6 weight.

DSS enthusiasts will go on about the DSS having better guard break, but that's a completely moot point against anyone who isn't terrible.

192 stamina (40 End + FaP) and a shield with half decent stability will require several consecutive hits to guard break, then you'll maybe land one swing if you still have the stamina left over, but with the DSS having split AR and spears in general having mediocre damage per hit, it's really not even worth bothering with. Then again, if someone actually stands there and just eats blows into their shield until their guard is broken, you could've probably destroyed them with a Broken Sword Hilt.

tl;dr - At the conventional PvP SL ranges the DSS is pretty much outclassed by the SKS. You could probably get similar returns on a Demon Spear with 27/40 in 2h grip and with 6 more weight to use for optimising poise / equips.

The only thing it really has over the other spears is swag. Which is why I use it on my Quality setups from time to time. ; )

zyrax2301 posted...
Lightning just makes me mad.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzap~!
---
http://i.imgur.com/PELu7.png [] http://i.imgur.com/Um6Qk.png
~ Nothing ventured, nothing gained. ~
#14tlnPosted 2/10/2013 7:43:55 PM
The high level forest gankers sure love this weapon.
#15betwixt_roxas(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 7:50:09 PM
i have not actually seen anyone using the dss or any spears for that matter i am in the forest hunter covenant and have to deal with being summoned to gankers worlds where they are literally waiting around the spawn to bs and you i dissconect when i spawn into that and then prepare for rage messages calling ME a chicken
---
#16betwixt_roxas(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 7:53:27 PM
sorry reverse that meant "bs you and"
---
#17zyrax2301Posted 2/10/2013 7:53:48 PM
Renegade109 posted...
zyrax2301 posted...
Lightning just makes me mad.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzap~!

lol don't TASTE me
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#18Morpheus51Posted 2/10/2013 8:29:44 PM
betwixt_roxas posted...
sorry i am on my phone and i need to go through 3 menu panels just to get a comma although if you would be ever so kind please let the grammar nazi in you leave and come back when you learn manners. sorry if this came across as rough but your message was just not needed i asked for opinion on a weapon and you criticize my grammar.

I have manners, and I'm not a grammar nazi, I just found it difficult to read your initial post without having to read it a second time. I realise that I responded in quite a snide way, so I sincerely apologise.

Anyway, the Dragonslayer Spear is a pretty decent weapon. Here's a decent build which utilises the Ornstein set and the DSS: http://mmdks.com/13a2
---
PSN: cloudnine540 | Stocking up on Indictments? How honourable of you.
#19liampancakesPosted 2/10/2013 10:31:42 PM
on paper the silver knight spear is higher damage output for lower stat investment but i've never been as decisively wrecked by an SKS as i have by the DSS. the DSS seems to have a wider and longer hitbox as well as the higher stamina drain on shields. early on in the game the BKGA was the weapon i was most decisively wrecked by so it's what i started using. eventually the DSS took over that title.