Weapons Damage

#1dead_kaiserPosted 2/11/2013 4:34:32 AM
I keep reading that it isn't good to use an elemental weapon because of 'splash' damage, but I'm testing myself in the Black Knights in the Kiln of the First Flame to decide which weapon is the best for me.

I'm testing a Iaito + 14, a Divine Uchigatana +10 and Quelaag's Furysword +5.

The damage goes 99 for Iaito, 100 with Uchigatana and 105 with Quelaag's Furysword. My Dex is currently at 30.

This 'max damage' would be a +6 damage increase for each hit, or am I missing something?
#2TILlegion777Posted 2/11/2013 6:21:22 AM
Enemies usually have elemental weaknesses. Testing it on only one enemy doesn't work that well. For instance, fire weapons will seem very, very weak against those same Black Knights, even with the same damage as a Lightning.

Split damage is worse, objectively. In the long haul going for a single damage source will be better, simple because of math. However, in the short term, different damage sources perform well. If you're willing to sacrifice some damage for an easier time with certain enemies, go for it.
---
Yeah, I'm that idiot with the stupid signature. Fat-roll Kirk is the only true build.
Official Longsword of the Dark Souls boards