Bought this game, my progress so far.

#1DreamAxerPosted 2/13/2013 1:34:30 PM
So, after a lot of thinking i decided to buy this game. I played a little bit and don't know if i like it or not. Here is what i've done.

- Started the game, ugly character creation.. C'mon, even skyrim does this better, and i hate skyrim.

- When i was finally done with the creation, got my character to look a bit better, and wow: i'm burned or something. Come one, when you make a character that looks a little bit good, i wan't to see it and don't look at a burned version of it.

- Opened this hugeee door, walked into the room and all of the sudden a giant guy jumps in front of me. Died 30 times to him, one time i got his health down with a good amount, but he killed me. After raging for a good couple of hours i decided to search movies on youtube about killing him, and saw you needed to go through a door on the left. It's stupid the game doesn't tell you this.

- Completed the area, killed everything, then i was stuck for a couple on hours because i couldn't open the door after the zombie up the stairs. Found out the ball that rolled down smashed in a wall, but i never noticed this. Again, why doesn't the game tells me?

- Killed the boss, moved on and the giant crow took me to firelink shrine. I decided i didn''t want to be stuck again, and searched some information. A lot of friendly people told me to go down first, to the elevator or the graveyard. I asked if i shouldn't go up, to the stairs but the people told me that was a hard area and people should go there after they went down.

- Continued to the elevator, went down and killed all the zombies (they were extremely easy..) Walked over the bridge thinking this was the right area to go and met some ghosts, i couldn't hit them and tried to run past them, but died multiple times. I gave up after a couple of times. This is artifical difficulty at it's finest. I mean, if you make a game hard by just making enemies unkillable, it's just cheap.

- Went back and tried the graveyard, ran past the skeletons and went to the catacombs. I ran past every skeleton and touched the bonfire after killing the guy there (after 50 deaths or something) Now i'm stuck because i get one shot by those stupid skeletons.

And that was my progress. I think the game is a bit cheap and i want to ask how you guys got so far in this game.. I never see myself completing it.
Sorry for long post. Sorry for the grammar mistakes, i'm new to the whole gamefaqs thing.
#2darkcresent91Posted 2/13/2013 1:40:03 PM(edited)
It says on the floor on the orange mark to run away.
This game is all about LEARNING how to play once you play it and figure the game out, its like riding a bike you never forget. Complete this game and then start a new character and you will be AMAZED at how easy it feels and you won't understand how you had as much trouble as you did. That being said it still is much less forgiving than other games.
#3HolyGravePosted 2/13/2013 1:38:22 PM(edited)
wow
long post is long
---
http://imgur.com/8F0jB
August burns red and the ghost inside <3
#4acangialPosted 2/13/2013 1:39:40 PM
Hands down the most comprehensive alias troll post ever. You will get a lot of traction with this one.
---
He brings whale sushi and panda kebabs to vegan potlucks - World's Most Interesting Man
#5knightjr96Posted 2/13/2013 1:39:48 PM
Unfortunately, you've been trolled. If you go down the elevator, you're gunna have a bad time. You need to go up at Firelink Shrine in the beginning. You will find the enemies are much much much easier, and you'll start to enjoy the game. Always go up at the beginning, never down (unless you've played awhile and are really good).
---
PSN: knightjr96
#6rectaljukeboxPosted 2/13/2013 1:44:33 PM
acangial posted...
Hands down the most comprehensive alias troll post ever. You will get a lot of traction with this one.

Yeah, pretty obvious troll when you read it - but good enough to convince some. Top work - especially the 'I'm new to gamefaqs' touch.
#7Octaivian_RexPosted 2/13/2013 1:50:27 PM
Died 30 times to him

Skeptical at this point.

I decided i didn''t want to be stuck again, and searched some information. A lot of friendly people told me to go down first, to the elevator or the graveyard. I asked if i shouldn't go up, to the stairs but the people told me that was a hard area and people should go there after they went down.

This is where the validity falls apart.

Otherwise nice try.
---
http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/4489/actuallyworks.gif
#8kroakerPosted 2/13/2013 1:50:33 PM
Where did you search on the Internet that told you to go down first? Everywhere I search that seems like a credible source says up.

I can only assume you went to a message board like this one and got trolled, in which case you only got what you deserved for not doing your homework properly.

Yes, DS can feel 'cheap' when you first start and have no idea what to do. But trust me, it isn't. It IS hard and unforgiving, and certainly never holds your hand, but its not cheap.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#9replicax77Posted 2/13/2013 2:02:00 PM
rectaljukebox posted...
acangial posted...

Yeah, pretty obvious troll when you read it - but good enough to convince some. Top work - especially the 'I'm new to gamefaqs' touch.

Yet it will continue to fool some people....
---
I'm casual.
#10Oil_Rope_BombsPosted 2/13/2013 2:06:25 PM
15: New User (1)
Awarded to users with at least 3 Karma. Can create 5 topics, 50 messages per day. Can delete own messages, close topics.

You need to get some karma. Anyways, B+. Good effort, you're gonna fool plenty of people.
---
http://i.imgur.com/yKMR7.png
http://i.imgur.com/mLCkc.png http://i.imgur.com/Ut1W5.gif