Most satisfying invade stories

#1Phantom0708Posted 2/14/2013 9:37:57 AM
Whether you were invaded, or the one invading, share your stories.

First for me was with my current character, I was about SL10 under the bridge beneath the hellkite dragon, trying to get his tail with arrows when I'm suddenly jumped by a phantom in armor of thorns and the dragonbone fist with crystal magic weapon on

I was terrified at the overpowered character before my newly created knight, I brought out my halberd I picked up recently, planning to try and poke him out

He seemed honorable enough, we both took a bow then circled around eachother
He also just wanted to get a backstab apparently, as he never attacked me head on save for a few times. Eventually, I whittled his hp down enough until he backed off a ledge and died

My second story involves the same character. I was invading in the painted world using the blue eye orb. I spawn on the bridge, where he is waiting. He bows, then spams the moonlight greatsword's ranged attack. Considering it cuts through my shield, it was only a matter of time until he whittled me down. I was angry. Anyway, I invade again, get the same guy. This time he's on one of the stone walkways. He cheeses me out with the MLGS again and I die, so I invade and get him a THIRD time. This time, I equipped the dragon tooth to try and stagger him. He's right outside the door leading to the midway point of the raven demon tower, I block his first attack and then smack him with the dragon tooth, he rolls backwards, right to his death.
A souvenir of reprisal never tasted so sweet.

Anyway, what about you guys?
---
GT: Devilwillcry42 PSN: Raidoukuzunoha42
My name is Kanji Tatsumi, you said I like dudes, prepare to die.
#2tricky_onePosted 2/14/2013 9:49:31 AM
I also invaded in the painted world and was met by a dragon head glitcher who would just stand there with their back turned just waiting for me to get in range. After dying the first time i managed to invade them a second time. This time I ran past him and up the stairs in the middle section. He entered the area a few mintues later using the dragon head glitch to take out all the enemies until I plunder attacked him killing him instantly.

He messaged me and we had a discussion where I found out he was 30+ levels below just trying to beat the game as a very low level and the only way to defend himself was to use the dragon head. The victory didn't feel so good after that.
---
PSN torlon
#3Phantom0708(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 9:55:47 AM
tricky_one posted...
I also invaded in the painted world and was met by a dragon head glitcher who would just stand there with their back turned just waiting for me to get in range. After dying the first time i managed to invade them a second time. This time I ran past him and up the stairs in the middle section. He entered the area a few mintues later using the dragon head glitch to take out all the enemies until I plunder attacked him killing him instantly.

He messaged me and we had a discussion where I found out he was 30+ levels below just trying to beat the game as a very low level and the only way to defend himself was to use the dragon head. The victory didn't feel so good after that.

At least he told you.

Personally, if I end up invading a struggling player, I'll maybe drop a couple humanity and/or black stone out

Or, when a player is busy fighting enemies, I usually wait until they finish fighting to engage
---
GT: Devilwillcry42 PSN: Raidoukuzunoha42
My name is Kanji Tatsumi, you said I like dudes, prepare to die.
#4Tabris02Posted 2/14/2013 10:04:33 AM
I was learning first hand the pain of being ganked in Anor Londo as I was just getting into Dark Souls PvP. Now, as I'm not usually one to quit when being faced with a challenge, I kept trying new ways to kill this particular host and his various phantom friends that were luring in and killing invaders all over Anor.

I spawn in near the bonfire where you find Knight Solaire, the group is nowhere to be found, so I head out to the main hall. I cautiously entered through the doors upstairs and saw the 3 of them waiting near the large door in the front. I guess they were expecting me to come in from that way (unless there was also a blue phantom out there) as the phantoms hid on each side of the door and the host just stood there in the open.

I quickly snuck up behind him and he soon found a +15 Zweihander going through his back, killing him. As the 2 phantoms turned around to see what happened, I gave them a quick wave before I returned to my world. :)
---
If you're gonna be original, then you can count on being copied.
(former) 1st Lieutenant of the Oni Conspiracy
#5turtle225Posted 2/14/2013 10:50:35 AM
I had a really close match with an invader in sen's using an astora's straight sword +3.

We had both been down to a sliver but I managed to get the last hit in. Probably the most fun and tense PvP match I've had. We were both getting bull ****** by lag though which made it a little worse, but he/she was a honorable foe and it was awesome.
---
,=,e